Damo's P1 Project.....600bhp

damienp1

Hey guys.....just thought I'd upload a few pics of my scoobyclinic built P1.........owned the car for 2 years now and it was standard when I bought it........spend most my time on the P1WOC but am gonna play on here now to as I have to much time on my hands lol.......car has had majority of work done (most expensive stuff anyway), All thats left to do is the body, a bit more of the interior ( or whats left of it), underneath and maybe a few more tweeks with engine and box.......heres a few pics to show the current state of it...........

scoobypaintedfullpic.jpg

007.jpg

021.jpg

018.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

007-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

030.jpg

029.jpg

036.jpg

the engine that runs her.....

enginepic2.jpg

P1010013.jpg

enginepic3.jpg

keeping her cool....

P1010007.jpg

P1010005.jpg

Thats some car you have there. ;)

Where are you from, not seen the car around these parts.

Hye bud....... from cardiff/caerphilly area mate...........don't drive the car to much as its a nightmare on the roads its to stiff and the clutch is far to garby so i only take it out now and again and next year am gonna give it a going over on the track............where you from bro????

Hey mike how you doing fella...............yep car is all well and going really good......until I went back out to iraq......I miss it soooooooooo much.

Just a lil update on the car guys......its off up the garage towards the end of the month.....I'm having the whole underneath done in whiteline goodies ready for the track.....Oil catch cans in bay........removal of the washer bottle..........Getting a turbo jacket, even though its ceramic coated i'll still get it to keep all the heat in I can........And main reason for going up is to have a 2.0-2.2 bar map put on which should see me slide very close to the 600bhp mark........had the engine built over the last few months and cost almost as much as a brand new P1 so is good to hold the power plus more.........

in jan its getting custom Arches put on............fibre glass doors and a rear diffuser bumper and will be sprayed back to sonic blue......as I love the P1 colour........the diffuser is gonna be kept carbon fibre while the rest of the rear bumper will be blue.........the front will have a carbon fibre splitter custom made around the original P1 bumper. Also in jan its having all controls moved to center near the handbrake, and the dashboard made in carbon fibre....half the size of normal and then flocked......while this is being done I would have choosen my new wheels and will run a wider track.

There maybe delays in the build in jan but the other stuff will be ready before november and then its off up to crail to try some launches on nov the 15th

Hye bud....... from cardiff/caerphilly area mate...........don't drive the car to much as its a nightmare on the roads its to stiff and the clutch is far to garby so i only take it out now and again and next year am gonna give it a going over on the track............where you from bro????

Your Local then, I'm only just the other side of Newport in Magor.

It would be nice to see the car at one of our meets, the lads would love a look at it and talk about the build.

Your Local then, I'm only just the other side of Newport in Magor.

It would be nice to see the car at one of our meets, the lads would love a look at it and talk about the build.

would love to come to one of the meets.........I work abroard so am only back for 3 weeks at a time when I'm back.........next due date home is the 3rd of november until the 23rd.........give me a bell if theres anything on meeting wise then......cheers Kev

Damien

would love to come to one of the meets.........I work abroard so am only back for 3 weeks at a time when I'm back.........next due date home is the 3rd of november until the 23rd.........give me a bell if theres anything on meeting wise then......cheers Kev

Damien

If you keep an eye on this forum all the meet details are listed in the South Wales section. :D

• 6 months later...

Well its been a while since I was last on here but thats because I've been to lazy to renew......but hey i'm back on and gonna browse to see whats new.

Car has had a shed load of changes......last time I posted it was off back up to the SCOOBYCLINIC to get some underneath goodies and a new map..........all went a lot better than expected, out of the garret GT35r I made........ 583.9 BHP and 550lbft torque @1.8 bar with 15% meth........which in a stripped P1 makes it pretty fast......took it on goodwood and had a wail of a time, but only used the low boost setting of 501bhp and 486 torque.

At the moment the car is back up at the scoobyclinic and has been since the begining of december last year................I'm having custom arches put on........a type R rear axel for the stronger diff.........2007 brembos for the rear..........Defis being ripped out and replaced with a digidash.............control box fitted in the car and the dash flocked and cut in half.............Side exit race exhaust off of the clinics Fatboy race car...........A new GT35r Billet............new compomotive tarmac wheels in toyo 888's............and a few other trick bits.

After I pick up the car in may.........it should be running around the 650 BHP mark and torque will be i the high 500's............no track days planned as yet for the summer but i'm going on a ring trip in august so need to get a few test runs in so I get used to the setup

post-18651-1269547498.jpg

post-18651-1269546736.jpg

post-18651-1269547009.jpg

post-18651-1269547230.jpg

post-18651-1269548115.jpg

post-18651-1269547781.jpg

post-18651-1269547617.jpg

These were all taken about 3 weeks ago so lots would have changed with the bodywork .............the rears are still all squarish and not matched to the wheel.......but if the time scale I had was right the car will be getting painted right now with everything nice and curved.

Thats a serious amount of modding you have carried out there and running serious power to.

I hope when you get thecar back and your available you will be able to bring it to one of our meets as the lads would love to see and chat to you about all the work thats been done.

Hey bud.........well I'm back between the 19th of may and the 10th of june............so if anythings on during then give me a bell and I'd love to meet up with the guys. The car will be ready this time as they're expecting me on the 3/4th of may but I have to do and extra 2 weeks away so I'm very confident the car will be finished by then.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
the side exit

post-18651-1274304830.jpg

Awww! Now, see, I had gone and made up my mind I wasn't gonna do that and was gonna go rear exit like everyone else 'cos it was too much hassle.

NOW look what you've done... THAT'S AWESOME!

I'm assuming from the livery it's a Scooby Clinic custom job?

Oh, and anyone else reckon that turbo will have it's own gravitational pull? *lol*

VERY envious!!!

Yes mate its all custom......the arches the side exit (which has a silencer on it to help pass track regs)..........the interior is all one off...........I go pick it up on wednesday and am very excited about it.....not had the car scince november last year