Fed Up So What Do I Do?

My RB5 has been proving troublesome of late. Starter motor last week and now the rear diff is whining.

I can't help but think with the car having done 100k it is just going to be one thing after another going wrong with it.

Im considering a change for something a bit newer and more reliable.

I have about 10-15K to spend.

Do I buy a newage spec-c, litchfield type 20, spec D hawkeye?

Or move to the dark side and get an FQ340?

Mmmm.....really daft question but if you have that money to spend, is it possible to make your RB5

bombproof with a portion of that? Would you still be happy keeping it if it was running fine or

are these problems a good excuse to move on?

All your possible choices are great. Type 20 <_<

Sorry.....nearly all your choices!!! :D

Mmmm.....really daft question but if you have that money to spend, is it possible to make your RB5

bombproof with a portion of that? Would you still be happy keeping it if it was running fine or

are these problems a good excuse to move on?

All your possible choices are great. Type 20 <_<

Sorry.....nearly all your choices!!! :D

The RB5 is ok but has a Hole in both sills where previous owner damaged the sill which has now rusted through :D

Rusty rear arches and rust at the top of the winscreen. I basically hate rust and i can be bothered paying thousands to get it fixed properly.

I don't find the RB5 refined enough to be honest to noisy and the build quality of classics is poop. I can oly seeing it being a money pit.

It is my every day car so making it bombproof would be a waste of money.

A good excuse to move yes most likely but why not?

I would go for either a hawkeye sti or a bombproof type r... as you know my classic has had alot of problems one after another now its ticked over 100k miles and like you say its a money pit and in my eyes its not worth it.

Ill speak to you properly when you get back from off shore mate.

See ya soon pal

The RB5 is ok but has a Hole in both sills where previous owner damaged the sill which has now rusted through <_<

Rusty rear arches and rust at the top of the winscreen. I basically hate rust and i can be bothered paying thousands to get it fixed properly.

I don't find the RB5 refined enough to be honest to noisy and the build quality of classics is poop. I can oly seeing it being a money pit.

It is my every day car so making it bombproof would be a waste of money.

A good excuse to move yes most likely but why not?

Thats a shame obviously the previous keeper didnt care for it enough,body work is just so expensive.

i believe its all about luck when buying older performance cars my subaru has clocked on to 191,000kms which is a shade under 120,000 miles ive had it three years gets serviced when i remember use it everyday and the only problem ive had in that time is the exhaust touch wood!!

id love a new one but cant get finance at the mo as im on my notice but hopefully getting kept on but im a great believer in if it aint broke dont fix it so ill be keeping mine as long as poss its just had its 16th birthday!!

why not keep the rb get it up to a good standard and buy yourself something else for daily us ie another cheaper subaru!

neil

Edited by neill54
I would go for either a hawkeye sti or a bombproof type r... as you know my classic has had alot of problems one after another now its ticked over 100k miles and like you say its a money pit and in my eyes its not worth it.

Ill speak to you properly when you get back from off shore mate.

See ya soon pal

Oh dear sounds like somebody decided to brake their car instead of fixing it.

The RB5 may be fine for months and not have any issues o the engine may pop leaving me with a massive bill and no car.