Known/proven Differential Rebuilders?

As above, Kenny is who everyone will recommend.

I had to rebuild my rear diff just over a week ago, and kenny got me to source parts for the diff and he simply build me one using the parts from my broken diff and the other I supplied.

Charged £130 to build one from the two of them. Plus it cost me £100 for a second diff which I managed to get on here, which was quite lucky.

Don't think rebuilding it is something you can do yourself. Yes there are only 3 main parts to a diff but setting them up isn't the easiest. There are adjustment shims inside and you need to set these just right to get the correct backlash, AFAIK.

EDIT to say that the 130 doesnt include removing and fitting the diff. But that you should manage yourself no bother.

Edited by hacky
As above, Kenny is who everyone will recommend.

I had to rebuild my rear diff just over a week ago, and kenny got me to source parts for the diff and he simply build me one using the parts from my broken diff and the other I supplied.

Charged £130 to build one from the two of them. Plus it cost me £100 for a second diff which I managed to get on here, which was quite lucky.

Don't think rebuilding it is something you can do yourself. Yes there are only 3 main parts to a diff but setting them up isn't the easiest. There are adjustment shims inside and you need to set these just right to get the correct backlash, AFAIK.

EDIT to say that the 130 doesnt include removing and fitting the diff. But that you should manage yourself no bother.

Think I will leave the rebuilding to the experts then. Now where to source parts as need the car as it is my every day transport.

How long did it take Kenny to build the new diff as i could let him do it while im offshore for 2 weeks next time.

Think I will leave the rebuilding to the experts then. Now where to source parts as need the car as it is my every day transport.

How long did it take Kenny to build the new diff as i could let him do it while im offshore for 2 weeks next time.

I probably have a Diff, is it for an RB5 ? Can you give me the gearbox code fron the VIN plate ? Will start TYxxxxxxxxxx.

---john---

Oh, and all of the above are correct, Kenny is the boy for this job <_<

I probably have a Diff, is it for an RB5 ? Can you give me the gearbox code fron the VIN plate ? Will start TYxxxxxxxxxx.

---john---

Oh, and all of the above are correct, Kenny is the boy for this job <_<

Yes it is for an RB5 standard as far as im aware. Im currently in the middle of the north sea I will see if i can get somebody from the owners club to get me the number of the VIN and get back to you.

Edited by ciaranrb5
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry I never replied earlier just back from holiday today.

If you drop the diff off to Kenny first thing in the morning it will be ready that day. As for diffs, try a wanted post on here - JohnS and Archie seem to have a fair stock of differentials! Failing that could always try ebay - I seen quite a few on there.