Shell Scratch Cards

Shell are currently doing a scratch card promotion and prizes include £50, £20 and £10 of Shell fuel, as well as free snacks.

Eagerly scratched off the panel in the 2 cards I got, only to win 2 x 500ml bottles of Coke Zero, worth 80p each!

bit miffed but then read the small print... this really takes the biscuit...

"conditional on a minimum purchase of 20 litres of any Shell fuel in a single transaction"

wtf?

so I need to buy fuel before I can claim my free bottles of juice :blink:

Shell are currently doing a scratch card promotion and prizes include £50, £20 and £10 of Shell fuel, as well as free snacks.

Eagerly scratched off the panel in the 2 cards I got, only to win 2 x 500ml bottles of Coke Zero, worth 80p each!

bit miffed but then read the small print... this really takes the biscuit...

"conditional on a minimum purchase of 20 litres of any Shell fuel in a single transaction"

wtf?

so I need to buy fuel before I can claim my free bottles of juice :blink:

Aye you owt for nowt these days ;)

Does that not mean that you need to buy 20 litres to get the scratch card in the first place, I'd be surprised to see that you need to buy petrol to get the cards, and then to have to buy petrol again to get what you should have received before....

One thing one a simelar subject though, I tried to use some of those coupons where you get bonus points on say, a bottle of coke (Which I needed), when you hand over the voucher that you get with your statement... I was told that I had to be purchasing petrol (Which I didn't need) to use the voucher...

but then, I used another one of these vouchers in another transaction and another station, and they insisted on putting through 2 transactions, one for the petrol and then a separate one for the snack, so why did I have to buy petrol again to claim the points?

Shell really need to look at training for the monkeys manning their stations... :D