For The Detailers Among Us!

Richie and I travelled across to Cambuslang lastnight (after a few wrong turns) to meet David @ Carwashnwax to get a few pointers on this car detailing malarky! Being more power than polish, I decided to invest in a few decent detailing products for my black Saab.

David met us out of hours at his unit, to explain the ins and outs and direct me on what I should be buying. I went expecting to spend around £100 on some products and came away spending £12!! He advised one bottle to start with, and when I got the hang of it, to go back and get some more advice on what to do next.

He even offered to deliver any products to my house in person!

His website is...

http://www.carwashnwax.com/

He's having a couple of hours on Saturday morning for anyone who wants to take their car, get some advice and try machine polishing on some test panels. If anyone fancies going drop me a line...

Edited by StewartyBoy

Hey Stewart,

You still not got the Saab done :rolleyes:. Thought the one round the corner would've spurred you on to having had it done by now - not to mention the mess those darn foxes made !

I actually saw an advert on DW for carwashnwax just the other day there and once the hand has recovered enough for me to drive again I may well head over for a nosey - best just take cash and not the cards just in case I'm tempted by anything !! Not just Chemicals Guys products, but still decent stuff to use. A few other items I'd be interested in chatting to him about. Good to hear you were pleased with him/the place.

If you get the Saab done don't forget to post pics up, or send them on to me at least. :thumbup:

Hi Colin,

Glad to hear your well. Hows the hand!? Yeah still havent managed to fit it in yet. Still annoyed that the timing was'nt right for you getting the car done, because it means now I need to do it!! HAHA.

Are you completely written off with the hand jus now!? I couldve made the trip up and down to you if you'd fancied going!?

Yeah his advice was really good, and was'nt what I was expecting at all. He advised me to NOT spend a lot jus now. Strange sales tactics but it worked...

Was tempted to post a pic or two of the hand post-op but danger of a sqeemish person seeing it maybe passing out :rolleyes: ! It seems to be healing well thanks, more awkward than sore and driving me nuts not being able to drive...still managed to wash the wifes car though !!

Yeah, was a shame, but hey ho, something for you to learn. I was actually looking forward to getting stuck in to it, a challenge or two perhaps there that would've been good. You had it looking good, was just the up close marks needed attention - but hey, was a great bargain in the first place !

Thanks for the offer but stock wise not too bad just now, reckon I'll look at heading over some time but doubt in the next fews weeks.

DON'T buy a lot - he's just breaking you in gently !! :thumbup:

Edited by C_WRX