Looks Like We Need To Get Motivated Again!

Ok, so everyone is down and feeling kind of low. As a consequence nobody is feeling very pro-active in suggesting things to do.

The whole reason for getting SIDC to host a message board for us*, was so that members could do things like suggest local events etc. This is essentially the model that the ESC and MLR run, very successfully.

The reason being that at the time there was concern that all the events were only one persons idea’s. (Now we all seem to be waiting for ‘one’ person).

So, how about some suggestions? (good ones)

Off the top of my head, I can think of a number that anyone could organise.

BBQ in one of the local parks.

Seaside Town Cruise (in Cars)

Treasure Hunt (in Cars)

Pub Run (in Cars)

French Run (In Cars)

Brands Hatch Race event

Lydden Race event

Trax/Tract days at Brands

Time Attack Race Events

Winter weekend at Butlins (70’s, 80’s, 90’s Theme etc..)

Nürburgring Trip

Ten Pin Bowling

Go-Karting Buckmore/Lydd/Sittingborne

Snooker

Etc…

All it needs is for someone who wants to have a go, put forward a suggestion.

Ok, so everyone is down and feeling kind of low. As a consequence nobody is feeling very pro-active in suggesting things to do.

The whole reason for getting SIDC to host a message board for us*, was so that members could do things like suggest local events etc. This is essentially the model that the ESC and MLR run, very successfully.

The reason being that at the time there was concern that all the events were only one persons idea’s. (Now we all seem to be waiting for ‘one’ person).

So, how about some suggestions? (good ones)

Off the top of my head, I can think of a number that anyone could organise.

BBQ in one of the local parks.

Seaside Town Cruise (in Cars)

Treasure Hunt (in Cars)

Pub Run (in Cars)

French Run (In Cars)

Brands Hatch Race event

Lydden Race event

Trax/Tract days at Brands

Time Attack Race Events

Winter weekend at Butlins (70’s, 80’s, 90’s Theme etc..)

Nürburgring Trip

Ten Pin Bowling

Go-Karting Buckmore/Lydd/Sittingborne

Snooker

Etc…

All it needs is for someone who wants to have a go, put forward a suggestion.

Well said Andy. A bit of positive thinking :thumbup:

But the Butlins weekend would need to be 60s night for me :)

Edited by Scooby Hoo?
Well said Andy. A bit of positive thinking :thumbup:

But the Butlins weekend would need to be 60s night for me :)

LOL,

I did an 80's one with ESC a few years back. It was a scream.

All I can say is that the Wombles were a babe magnet!! B)

i am more than up for any ideas above and am willing to help in any way i can. regards re-instating a new RO it may be worth while to consider running jointly between two people ?? lifts the pressure a little from just one persons shoulders. and makes things easier to handle.

^wot eureka said.im up for all..most of these but not the snooker :P the funnest day i ever had with my scoob was here on the fun rally last year,kin brilliant!(apart from col2 getting me lost all the frikkin time :) or was that me :thumbup: i blame the "co-pilots" )organised and catered for by scooby hoo.As has been said by others being a nooberoid ive no idea on the past"politics " of ks and def no desire to get involved but ive met some gr8 people here who have helped me out,with at least 1 thing in common ;)and as much as it sux that people are leaving.the only way forward is moving on.end of the day ive stil got my scoob and i live in kent and i wanna talk,cruise,meet others with the same love as me.so whos up for the seaside cruise B)

Edited by EN4ever

Hi as EN4ever said i'm not into the polictics of it all on here but i try and make it to the meets etc when i can fit it around work and other commitments but a club is only as good as its members, so lets all try and make it the best we can. At the end of the day its this brilliant car that has brought us altogether.

So lets work together to build it up to what we want it to be. :thumbup:

So who is up for a seaside cruise on sunday 19th july

!. Rodregos

I've not been a member for long, the reason i first came on this site was to meet people with the same passion for the car they was driving whether it be top of the range or totaly standard, advice on any problems and the main reason to go out and have fun. Don't what to drag up past problems as i have no idea what went on and to be honest not fussed who is in charge ( no offence to Pele or Granby you both done a good job better than i could do ). One of the best days out was a day at the beach when we all played cricket and most of us got wet falling in the sea. I'll be up for most days out either run to the coast, bbq in the park, tunnel run or anyother day or night out. We meet up on the third Friday of each month, mat be should come up with a list of places to meet up for things to do i.e meet at different locations peoples local or favorite pub. I'm not saying every month may be every 4 meet and make it a saturday. ( I for one have problems making a friday due to working different hours every day).All i want is to go out in my car and have a good night out what ever it may be.

hi everyone,im new to this site,i own a impreza turbo and live on the isle of sheppey,id like to get to know a few of you and would love to go on some of these meets that you do,ill keep an eye out if anything is arranged,hope your all kind to a stranger ;)

hi everyone,im new to this site,i own a impreza turbo and live on the isle of sheppey,id like to get to know a few of you and would love to go on some of these meets that you do,ill keep an eye out if anything is arranged,hope your all kind to a stranger ;)

Hello mate welcome to the site, where abouts on the island are you i'm in iwade just of the island.

Hello mate welcome to the site, where abouts on the island are you i'm in iwade just of the island.

hello mate,i live in the new builds in minster,been living here about six months,thanx for the welcome to the site,ive been meanin to join for ages jus never got round to it,wot subaru you got mate?

I'm not saying every month may be every 4 meet and make it a saturday. ( I for one have problems making a friday due to working different hours every day).All i want is to go out in my car and have a good night out what ever it may be.
yes same here,my shift pattern seems to coincide with meets when im on my late shift.a sat now and again would be good.

Welcome jay have fun,hope to see ya soon

Edited by EN4ever
yes same here,my shift pattern seems to coincide with meets when im on my late shift.a sat now and again would be good.

Welcome jay have fun,hope to see ya soon

thanx for the welcome EN4ver im sure you will see me soon,looking forward to meeting you lot.