Jim Clark Rally

Anyone got the times for Sat, canny get program online now (lack of security put me off anyway) and definately won't be in the area before weekend to get one.

Cheers

Bogie

Edited by bogie

Can't wait for this guys,

I'm a car rally virgin :rolleyes: so it's my first time.. :D

Always was more into bikes than cars my whole life as I was sitting on the back of them since I was 4! So been to loads of bike events, getting excited though!

Edited by kaylz_555
Are there any Shell garages round that way for some V-Power?

Hello! I live in Duns so got a good idea of the rally area! There are a couple of Shell garages around,theres the Eyemouth one as mentioned also one in Berwick upon tweed which is around 20mins from duns but its near Mcdonalds too if your needing a quick drive thru top up yourself!! Best bet is eyemouth though,thats the one i use!Theres also an Esso garage in coldstream which isnt too far from the Leitholm and Eccles stages and in Duns itself there is Jet and Gulf so you shouldn`t run out!!

Cheers!!

Edited by Buzzby
Perfect Andy! :gay:

Think I'll only make Friday night at Abbey st.B's and POSSIBLY Ayton on Sunday. Too many boxes tae pack for the 29th :D

Anyone going to either of these two?

I'll be at Ayton Sunday morning, the bit where it comes closest to the A1 where you can see Ayton Castle. good section around there once they leave the main road, easy parking too. Probably head up to the hairpin on Harehead after that, easy to get into again from the A1.

Hi

I couldnt find anything regarding stage times but there are some downloadable maps showing when the roads will be closed at the Jim Clark website here

Educated guess is that the cars will run through these stages an hour or so after the roads close.

SIDC have a club stand in Duns on Friday evening and all day Saturday, you'll get a chance to look through some of our owner's cars.

I would recommend getting to Duns during your visit, there are Show & Trade areas and motorsport demonstrations.

There's also a special stage running through the village this year, its the 1st time the rally organisers have done this.

imy

Hi

I couldnt find anything regarding stage times but there are some downloadable maps showing when the roads will be closed at the Jim Clark website here

Educated guess is that the cars will run through these stages an hour or so after the roads close.

SIDC have a club stand in Duns on Friday evening and all day Saturday, you'll get a chance to look through some of our owner's cars.

I would recommend getting to Duns during your visit, there are Show & Trade areas and motorsport demonstrations.

There's also a special stage running through the village this year, its the 1st time the rally organisers have done this.

imy

Village????? :D Town my dear - TOWN!!!! County Town of Berwickshire I will have you know whit whit whit - mighty fine it is too!!! :gay:

Gary

can anyone help with stage times for Saturday, first car through stage for eccles and leitholm and what would be the preferred stage for spectating, any help would be appreciated

Thanks Brian

Eccles1 starts at 10.45 and leitholm1 at 11.22

Good place to watch would be the big jump at little swinton on the leitholm stage

Andy

Go to the Jim Clark site and download the regulations for each event, you get detailed stage time info in them.

4Hero, all the great photo locations will be very hard to get near these days. There were always the classics, the 2 big Swinton jumps, the ford on Blackadder, the humpback bridge on Blackadder, the Lanton ford etc but you can't get near now for health and safety reasons. In some cases I'm not surprised, I got a hot wheel nut on the leg at the blackadder humpback when Raymond Munro sheared a wheel on landing there many years ago!

However, there are a few photogenic locations. Duns itself is a no brainer. You can drive into the Bothwell stage and park up if you get there before the road closes and there are loads of good places. There's a bit on a small metal bridge when they might lift wheels but you locked in till the road reopens. There is also the hairpin or the farm section on that stage. Village of Eccles is nice as a backdrop, hard to get close so use a BIG lens! Ayton down where it's very near the A1 is where the speccy pack image is taken, you can get Ayton Castle in the backdrop there. There's also a farm near that thats pretty photogenic, you could get both runs there on Sunday AM, thats where I'll be. Macks Mill has some huge jumps but you'll need to get there very early and walk a good distance in before the road closes too.

I've got a pic of Jonny Milner about 12 feet in the air over the Blackadder humpback in his Corolla WRC, must post it if I can find it. Shame its not the event it used to be, it certainly was the best rally in the UK for many years, shadow of its former self now.

It's about 3/4 of a mile before Swinton Crossroads. It's be very hard to get near it though, probably a cross country hike or get in before the road closure. There's another big jump after the crossroads too on a much narrower bit of road, really dodgey bit to be standing watching or taking pic though and its a cross field and jump through the hedges to get there again.