Oil Riggers On Channel 5

I've worked for Weatherford for 20+ years now and spent more years than i should have as a Casing Hand. The only place i have ever seen a spinning chain used was in Oman and you can be sure i stood as far away as possible when they were throwing it round the pipe!

These guys on the C5 program are nuts and have obviously had the full labotomy!

We used to joke that anyone in a casing or drill crew who used their fingers to order more than 4 beers always needed to use both hands!

As for the guys going up into the derreck while thay are still drilling - well they must be completely :brickwall: stupid. I was on a rig when they did this and the riding belt line got caught in the travelling block and they guy was pulled through the Fingers at the monkey board level - made chips outa him, not very nice at all.

Just asked my Father only time he went up the derrick when drilling was up the ladders and going up on the riding belt was when drilling was stopped was a chief rig mechanic for RB Falcon then Transocean on rigs and drill ships

Edited by Dipsy
Just asked my Father only time he went up the derrick when drilling was up the ladders and going up on the riding belt was when drilling was stopped was a chief rig mechanic for RB Falcon then Transocean on rigs and drill ships

in the UK sector the brake (which controls the top drive) needs to be chained off prior to any man riding taking place so the top drive cant move, i have seen this rule being "bent" though just like alot of others offshore :brickwall: