Couple Of Recent Mods

Hi folks,

Scoob was in this week at AWD getting a couple of bits fitted, I thought I would share.

Decided to upgrade the restrictive turbo inlet hose, so sourced one from RCM www.rogerclarkmotorsport.co.uk

Picture071.jpg

This hose is twice as thick as the OE item and it was a bit of a squeeze but it got there in the end. The car normally has some weird and wonderful sounds but this has increased the volume in the sook from the filter, turbo chatter is louder when partially releasing the throttle and the dump valve sounds slightly different too.

Heat transfer and heat soak in the engine bay is always best kept to a minimum. So a number of weeks ago I bought the Header tank insulated spacers from Carl Davey www.carldavey.co.uk

Picture073.jpg

A nice wee mod to help reduce the heat transfer between the header tank and the inlet manifold.

Next step was to buy the insulated manifold spacers form carl davey. So these got fitted at the same time as the turbo inlet hose.

Picture072.jpg

Carl's products are always top quality so I think at some point I will be investing in some gucci insulated fuel rails.

Also got the rear wheel arches rolled as I had a scuffing issue whilst giving it some beans on those bumpy B roads plus on the track at knockers I was scuffing on a lot of the corners. Hopefully this has sorted this problem, or I may have to stiffen the suspension a little further on the adjustable BC's.

Thanks go to AWD for the excellent fitting service (as usual) and thanks to carl for manufacturing some great products.

Cheers

Rich

Edited by Cullenmin