Pics >> New Reverse Scoop For Fmic

Looks kinda stealthy don't you think ? Fits nice and great finish.....reminds me of Gumballs one he fitted a while back

Last TMIC style scoop took "a hit for the team" on the KH straight & was forcibly removed by my goodself before it flew off of its own accord

Pics

http://calum-shand.fotopic.net/p57661272.html

http://calum-shand.fotopic.net/p57661289.html

Cheers

Cal

p.s good price & quick delivery too

Is this a known issue with Scoobies? I've noticed some movement in my bonnet at motorway speeds, particularly driving into the wind...

Yes..it's especially bad when you have a fmic.

Fitted my vent to replace the scoop and the bonnet doesn't flap about anymore :wub:

Cal,

Looking great, nice and subtle.

Did you fit the front-mount yourself? and did you run it before with the top-mount? I am having a problem keeping scoops on the car (seagulls 2- scoob 0) and fancy the idea of the losing the scoop completely but already feel the car is a tad 'weak' lower in the rev range and don't want to worsen the situation. Has the driving experience changed markedly?

(My car is currently running approx 290/290 at the mo')

regards

Graham

What happened there, Graham?

Unbelievably twice now whilst on 'spirited' runs around Caithness I have had the misfortune of hitting some very large seagulls.

The first time, 90% of the scoop tore clean off and the big 'seaside rat' cracked the windscreen on it's way to birdie heaven!

The second time (only days after buying a second hand WRX scoop, I had been using an STI replica whilst I located an original) I was travelling on exactly the same stretch of road when, I can only think a disgruntled family member of NO.1 seagull took aim at my bonnet and successfully tore the entire thing off. This one at least had the decency to miss the windscreen.........................

in hindsight maybe the score should read Scoob 2-0 Seagulls!!

Unbelievably twice now whilst on 'spirited' runs around Caithness I have had the misfortune of hitting some very large seagulls.

The first time, 90% of the scoop tore clean off and the big 'seaside rat' cracked the windscreen on it's way to birdie heaven!

The second time (only days after buying a second hand WRX scoop, I had been using an STI replica whilst I located an original) I was travelling on exactly the same stretch of road when, I can only think a disgruntled family member of NO.1 seagull took aim at my bonnet and successfully tore the entire thing off. This one at least had the decency to miss the windscreen.........................

in hindsight maybe the score should read Scoob 2-0 Seagulls!!

I really shouldn't laugh, but the way you wrote that got me creasing up! :P:D

Suicide seaguls on their way to birdie heaven..... never let it be said that extremists don't work in mysterious ways! :lol:

Not been able to reply for a while folks.......

Cannot make Inverness as I have a wedding unfortunately Imy !

I know that god damn door needs sprayed but it doesn't really bother me - was like that when I bought it and silver is a bitch to colour match supposedly

Did you fit the front-mount yourself? and did you run it before with the top-mount? I am having a problem keeping scoops on the car (seagulls 2- scoob 0) and fancy the idea of the losing the scoop completely but already feel the car is a tad 'weak' lower in the rev range and don't want to worsen the situation. Has the driving experience changed markedly?

(My car is currently running approx 290/290 at the mo')

It was fitted before I got it but I have an unusual spec ( JDM STi engine from a Bugeye mated to a WRX 5 speed box with uprated clutch)........the TD05-16G spools slighty later but it parties real hard high in up in the rev range. I kinda like the wait and then the huge kick in the erse tbh. Never fitted it myself but have splenty of how to guides if you need them.

My last bugeye spooled very early on a pissy TD04 but run out of puff @ 5.5K. Great punch of out bends but not that quick after that.

Cheers

Cal