What's My Car Worth?

Hello,

Selling/trading in my car, and the prices seem varied on pistonheads and the likes. I'm going to see a new motor tomorrow night and am not sure about the selling private vs trading in stuff.

Anyhow, it's a:

2006 (56 plate, registered Sep 06) Impreza STi Type UK (Euro import)

Obsidian Black

25k on the clock

Taxed until November 2009

1 careful owner, never on track

Full Subaru service history (20k was done in January 09, new front pads needed and have been fitted)

Prodrive backbox

Stainless steel mid section

Flaps

Tints

Tracker Monitor

Immobiliser thingy (lots of security as the imports had none as standard)

Front strut brace

All the rest is completely standard.

There's a couple of scuffs on the alloys, nothing major though (bloody women :))

2557555691_db8e9429d8_b.jpg

In general, it is in excellent condition.

I know the markets are a bit up and down, but an approximate trade in price, and selling private privately price would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Neil.

Edited by 4hero

Trade in price on a Type UK STi would be c10-11k I reckon.. and selling privately, to actually GET a sale at the moment, I would say that you should stick it in around 13k.

Just my opinion, not sure how the EU Import thing would effect things with a trade-in as some dealers are a bit wary of these... however I think it'd make little or no difference to a private sale. I think that Westra is looking for a Hawkeye STi and has an Audi A3 3.2 Quattro at the moment which your dealer might prefer as a part exchange, if you're still fancying a B7 RS4.. :)

Cheers,

Grant

Thanks a lot Grant, swap you for a bag of crisps?

RS4 is on hold for a year, Mrs Hero is pregnant and we need two cars. Looking at a very tidy Audi tomorrow though, and going to get a wee Fiat 500 sport thing for me to get to work and back (stuck in traffic all the way :))

edited to say, thanks Gav! Might just bite the bullet and say farewell to my car tomorrow though. Not sure if I can be a***d with the hassle of selling first..

Edited by 4hero
Thanks a lot Grant, swap you for a bag of crisps?

RS4 is on hold for a year, Mrs Hero is pregnant and we need two cars. Looking at a very tidy Audi tomorrow though, and going to get a wee Fiat 500 sport thing for me to get to work and back (stuck in traffic all the way :))

edited to say, thanks Gav! Might just bight the bullet and say farewell to my car tomorrow though. Not sure if I can be a***d with the hassle of selling first..

Let me know if you have a price in mind or what your offered if you were to part exchange as im on the lookout for a newage scooby

Any idea of your power output and if its the 2l or 2.5 ?

Cheers

Ross

Ross, it's the 2.5, exactly the same as a UK model, and has better seats :) Mind you, it only has 2 airbags instead of 6.

It's never been on a rolling road, so I can't say about power, the book was 265 though (I think).

edited to say, when I mentioned it's worth approx 14k, 'er indoors went a bit mental :o . So as close to that price as possible would be lovely.

Edited by 4hero

I thought the Hawkeye STi book power was c280bhp... mine put out 302bhp @ Wallace with just a backbox and green panel filter.

Even standard, the 2.5 STi is a really powerful car... and makes a brilliant base for mods.

Edit: lol @ the bag of crisps comment. :)

Cheers,

Grant

Edited by RS Grant

You could well be correct with the 280bhp Grant, all I know is that it's pretty damned quick (I know nothing about mechanics 'n stuff) :o My mother in law is not so keen, I can see her holding on in the back when she's in it saying "IT'S GOING TO TAKE OFF" :)

Edited by 4hero