Speed Sunday Pics, 22nd March 09

The usual suspects up at the hill today, they have changed the set up which is supposed to allow more time on track but not sure if it worked. Knockhill have cut the spectator banking back on the infield at Seat (duffus) to allow more run off as a lot of cars were going into the tyre wall. Unfortunately its soft mud, a Vauxhall Tigra went into it at speed today and ended up rolling end over end! my crash magnet must have been faulty as I was at the hairpin at the time so missed it :thumbup: Dont want to worry you guys going on track next Saturday!

A few from today-

COL_9099copy.jpg

COL_9022copy.jpg

COL_9028copy.jpg

COL_9113copy.jpg

COL_9111copy.jpg

COL_8985copy.jpg

COL_8790copy.jpg

COL_8599copy.jpg

COL_8562copy.jpg

Full gallery up on my site later tonight.

Col.

Nice pics!

See for the Hot Marques day, how do you prove your car is over £10k or is it just to keep the Nova/Corsa crew away?

Not sure how you prove it to be honest, as long as you turn up in something that is turned out well and isnt a heap you should get on track no bother. It does also keep the corsa/saxo boys away!

Col, did you get any pics of a white Fiesta today with distinctive graphics?

I dont think so, I saw one on a trailer late on though. I didnt get there until about 11am.

I took part in the TrackScotland event at the beginning of the month, and never noticed the alterations. :thumbup:

Having said that at one point the rain was so heavy, I was going up the main straight and due to the amount of spray didn't realise there was 4 cars right in front of me and not the 2 I thought there was.

sti_steve, I think they brought the £10k value out a few years back now, because the hot hatch days were turning into banger racing with sheds straight from the scrappies. They are a lot better now, with some expensive cars because they have groups for cars with or without MOT's.

I don't have any problem getting my track car on for Top Marques days, and the car including the mods is only due me £4500

I think as long as they look tidy.

EAug08108B.jpg

Nice pics as always Col - were the occupants of the Tigra ok?

(and did you get any pictures of the aftermath!)

I think the occupants were fine, the car wasnt too badly damaged considering. Dont have any decent pics of the remains was getting towed away by the time I got there.

Not sure how you prove it to be honest, as long as you turn up in something that is turned out well and isnt a heap you should get on track no bother. It does also keep the corsa/saxo boys away!

me and my brother inlaw do mainly hot marques and our two scoobies are barely worth 10k combined. They never check, infact there an old 924 that turns out. I have to be honest (and Im no corsa basher) those pics are the very reason I dont go to the sunday outings. Im down for around 6 track nights this year as well as the well manered saturday blasts. Much better.