Fuel Pressure

hi guys does any of you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator fitted. because i have one and have tried a number of pressures and it does not seem right and when i put the standard one back it feels to pull better if you do could you tell me what pressures you are running and how do you set this when the engine is under idle or under load????????? your help would be much apprecated :thumbup::)

hi guys does any of you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator fitted. because i have one and have tried a number of pressures and it does not seem right and when i put the standard one back it feels to pull better if you do could you tell me what pressures you are running and how do you set this when the engine is under idle or under load????????? your help would be much apprecated :thumbup::)

The type of FPR that is ideal for a turbocharged car is one where the fuel pressure will rise as the manifold air pressure increases, this is the type that has a hose running from the FPR to the manifold, or is T pieced into a hose coming from the manifold.

If this is the type you have then set it for about 3.2bar static, ie when the car is static and idling.

Have the hose disconnected, the car will run rough whilst you do this but its okay until you reconnect it.

An uprated fuel pump ie walbro 255 is recommended to keep the fuel pressure constant and not tail off just when you need it.

The other type is a 1:1 ratio FPR which is not pressure assisted and has to be set for the max pressure you will require from idle to max rpm and is less suitable for turbo cars BUT does have advantages if you are running a car with antilag and would require constantly high fuel pressure.

I has been ages since I meddled with this so if Im wrong im in no doubt that someone will correct me, however no one has replied yet so I thought I would get the ball rolling.

Hope this helps.

Callum W

Edited by Wilky

cheers mate i have the one that has the the hose that goes to the manifold so just set it at 3 bar and i have a walbro fuel pump fitted but the last time i set it that high it keeped bursting the fuel hoses but ill get some new hoses when i get back from kuwait and give it a try again and when i get it sorted i can go down to andy and get a re map cheers again mate