Haywood & Scott Exhaust Problems

I bought a new full system for my UK 2000, only been on a month and already the backbox is rusted and stained. Looks pretty nasty to be honest.

I know the roads are layered in salt at the moment, but the car does get washed down with a pressure washer at work once a week.

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and do these exhausts come with a warranty? Bought it from ScoobyWorld.

Cheers, Ryan.

I bought a new full system for my UK 2000, only been on a month and already the backbox is rusted and stained. Looks pretty nasty to be honest.

I know the roads are layered in salt at the moment, but the car does get washed down with a pressure washer at work once a week.

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and do these exhausts come with a warranty? Bought it from ScoobyWorld.

Cheers, Ryan.

Ryan, I would hope it would come with a 12month warranty. Minimum!!! You will get a bit of staining on SS exhausts but should get rust

Ryan, I would hope it would come with a 12month warranty. Minimum!!! You will get a bit of staining on SS exhausts but should get rust

Its not completely rusted, but many spots of brown stains. Thought this was quite strange for stainless steel? My old Magnex is ancient and didnt start doing this?

Its not completely rusted, but many spots of brown stains. Thought this was quite strange for stainless steel? My old Magnex is ancient and didnt start doing this?

Thats probably down to the Road salt mix that is used nowadays ;)

Try using some SS polish on it and it should come up a treat. If not get on the phone tae them :D

had this with my last cars exhaust, a wee bit of meguiars scratch remover (or something similar) and some elbow grease should get rid of the brown stains!