Thanks To Ian Grieve Service Dept

Glad you got it sorted no problem Ross :D

I was quite dissappointed with the guys down there, none of them were very helpful, none of them seemed to be bothered about helping either, probably because Im arriving in an excessively loud rusty non-turbo, although that would be guessing... maybe i caught them on off 'days'

Ian Greive's service department has been OK with me so far - usually polite, helpful etc. Perhaps a wee bit reluctant to get properly stuck into one 'not quite run-of-the-mill' problem, but then I suppose most garages are a lot keener on the 'meat and potatoes' servicing than potentially tricky diagnoses.

I've only had fleeting experience with their sales department. Car salesmen (well OK, any salesman) I only have so much time for, but the guy at Grieves was fine - laboured some of his points a little, but he was never arrogant or patronising. Actually, I dunno if it was our resident forumite Gav I dealt with - Gav, are you the younger guy or the older guy? Or perhaps I should ask, "do you like to labour a point"? :D

I was quite dissappointed with the guys down there ... none of them were very helpful ... probably because Im arriving in an excessively loud ... non-turbo

As ma maw used to say, "if you look like a ned, you'll get treated like one" :D

I'm just kidding, mate. As you say, might've been an off day. Maybe the nearby snack bar was out of square sausage or summat :lol:

I get that alot because I look too young to be taken seriously. Soon as I mention I work offshore that usually changes things slightly lol

But normally by then it's too late. In the car business you can't assume anything about anyone

I get the same thing myself. Not that I look very young, I just look skint. Don't get me wrong, I actually am skint - just not as skint as they think I am :D

Ian Greive's service department has been OK with me so far - usually polite, helpful etc. Perhaps a wee bit reluctant to get properly stuck into one 'not quite run-of-the-mill' problem, but then I suppose most garages are a lot keener on the 'meat and potatoes' servicing than potentially tricky diagnoses.

I've only had fleeting experience with their sales department. Car salesmen (well OK, any salesman) I only have so much time for, but the guy at Grieves was fine - laboured some of his points a little, but he was never arrogant or patronising. Actually, I dunno if it was our resident forumite Gav I dealt with - Gav, are you the younger guy or the older guy? Or perhaps I should ask, "do you like to labour a point"? :lol:

:D:P

I'm the middle of the road guy! one younger,one older.

'don't like to labour a point m8'

So dont think it was me.

Gav

gavs the one with the white hair and looks his age :P:o

Ah - in that case it was probably the younger chap :lol:

'don't like to labour a point m8'

So dont think it was me.

Gav

You missed a trick there, Gav - I was expecting:

"I don't like to labour a point, so I don't think it was me. So let's be perfectly clear on this - I will NOT labour a point. One last time, so we're absolutely crystal - I am not in the business of labouring points. Me - point - labour - NO."

;)

P.S. In all seriousness, the guy was fine with me - no complaints :D

Are you sure Gav? :huh:

On a serious note, can't say a bad word about Grieves. Charlie at the service / aftersales is first class and Gav will always take time to talk to you and is an enthusiast like us.

Must admit been in a few times now! and the service has been really good! New to the Scobby scene though!

Was in getting a part at the sales desk and one of the reps even asked me if I had just had a belt change or a service done as he could smell coolant! And was worried I may have a leak!!!!!

Good of him to bring that to my attention luckily it was only coolant coming out of the expansion tank as it was overfilled (thank dad for that one :huh: )

Must admit been in a few times now! and the service has been really good! New to the Scobby scene though!

Was in getting a part at the sales desk and one of the reps even asked me if I had just had a belt change or a service done as he could smell coolant! And was worried I may have a leak!!!!!

Good of him to bring that to my attention luckily it was only coolant coming out of the expansion tank as it was overfilled (thank dad for that one ;) )

That was me!!

Glad that i could be of assistance,'i was the older salesman with the white hair and looked my age' :):huh::D

Gav