Heat Shield For An Induction Kit

Hi

Recently had my car at hypertech and duncan mentioned that since it has an induction kit it would be better with a heat shield and removing the box out of the wing for some cold air to get in.

I've seen plenty of hose kits but can't seem to find any decent heat shields where can you pick these up from or even get a picture of one and i can get one made through a relative?

cheers steve

Hi

Recently had my car at hypertech and duncan mentioned that since it has an induction kit it would be better with a heat shield and removing the box out of the wing for some cold air to get in.

I've seen plenty of hose kits but can't seem to find any decent heat shields where can you pick these up from or even get a picture of one and i can get one made through a relative?

cheers steve

Do a search online mate for underbonnet shots of scoobies, eventually you will see what you are looking for and you can show that to the guy whos going to make it for you.

Some people duct the air from the bumper up the inner wing and into to engine bay via the hole in the wing with ventilation ducting bought from B and Q, naturally you want your heatshield between your filter and the engine.

Ive also seen people fabricate an airbox with carbon fibre around the area of the filter, joined at the corners with gaffer tape!! And fed by the ducting.

Search online and you will get the idea.

Cheers

Callum W

Edited by Wilky