Power Fc Owners

I have always been kind of a sceptic of knock values. I remember back when i had a Knocklink i regularly had it red lighting at KH (as grant will confirm). I then got the Apexi and still when andy set it to light at 50 i still sometimes see 60+ when booting it. Sometimes it is carbon build up on the plugs that burns off then you don't see high values again. The early cars also tend to be more active when it comes to knock. I put it down to either the knock sensor itself or its location. Put it this way, as long as andy mapped it safely you can go out and drive and not worry about looking at the bloody knock value. The problem with gauges is that most people worry too much and keep looking at them and not enjoy the driving.

Hope that helps cal

Stuart

Cheers Stuarty,

The Patriot is going to Wallace Performance tomorrow for a dyno run and some basic diagnostic checks. Getting the ARB fitted too ( time permitting) - appreciate the advice folks.

Incidentally, has any tried running an ARB on the tightest hole with standard suspension ? It makes for VERY interesting oversteer. I had this with my black bugeye and it was pretty lairy.

After I fitted Prodrive springs and had geom. done the oversteer more or less diminished

Cal

Cheers Stuarty,

The Patriot is going to Wallace Performance tomorrow for a dyno run and some basic diagnostic checks. Getting the ARB fitted too ( time permitting) - appreciate the advice folks.

Incidentally, has any tried running an ARB on the tightest hole with standard suspension ? It makes for VERY interesting oversteer. I had this with my black bugeye and it was pretty lairy.

After I fitted Prodrive springs and had geom. done the oversteer more or less diminished

Cal

My 99 Turbo 2000 running 1.4 bar generally peaks at around 20 running shell v and octane booster, I'm told the later classic engines were a bit 'quieter' knock wise to the earlier ones. The highest I've seen is 39 but I think I sucked a bit of water into the intake to hit that.

I used a knock link for a while but even on it's most sensitive setting it didn't ever go more than low amber.

Edited by turbo2000wagon