Power Fc Owners

Andy F set mines up but i dont know what the levels were.

A few threads over on scoobynet.

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general...-apexi-pfc.html

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general...-apexi-pfc.html

Cal - each engine is different based on build (piston rattle, etc), fuel used, etc and so the threshold varies from car to car so you'd best speak to your original Mapper who will have the details stored for each car they mapped :rolleyes:

Russell

I'll rephrase my question if it makes it easier - at what value on the PFC knock's meter should you start getting worried ? When setting an alarm you'd presumably set it slightly under that value

CGS

There isn't a safe value. The knock value is car dependent - my old car would accept pretty much any map without raising a knock value, a mate's car raises stupid knock values at cruise.

When first mapping a car with a PFC I stick on a really safe map so I know there is no chance of any knock values being caused by det. You can then use this as a guideline base knock value and set the warning based on an educated guess above this value.

It's not just the value that should concern, but when it occurs and the warning cannot take this into account. If you see values in the 20-30 range at cruise and light boost then get worried if it shows 70 under full throttle at high rpm. If the car shows 70 at cruise and drops to 20-30 under WOT then there is little to worry about (assuming someone who knows what they are doing has mapped the car). In the first example a warning at 45 would be suitable, where as the second would have this feature switched off (or set to something like 90). If the knock warning goes off all the time then the driver will get used to it and ignore it, so no point having it at all.

Mine's usually always below 20 but I have seen maximun of 45 once when I gunned it, but I noticed it and let off the throttle, I think it was just a spike anyway as the bar at the bottom didnt seem high when I noticed.

As said all cars are different, the lower the better of course but I would just go by what it normally sits at and use that as a guide so if it goes much higher then there may be a problem.

Rich

Running fine after a tightened up all of the fmic jubilee's yesterday, Before that I think one of them was leaking slightly.....Gonna switch to chunkier Mikalor clamps in time.

Before I unleash it at Ingleston and KH I want a "peace of mind" diagnostics test on it. Getting that done on Wednesday so will likely get it RR'd at the same time.....

Yeah - reckoned to be 350 / 350 or so.......nae too fussed if it ends up less. I still feels bonkers on full boost. I need to get the handling sorted

out because it's very prone to understeer at the moment. Got ARB and springs to fit to address that to an extent. Got a MY93 silver bumper to fit. Current one is fine but the bumper cut

for the FMIC is pretty rough and ready. Gonna get a bodyshop to do it for me to get it as neat and as stealghty as poss.

CGS

34 views and nae answers ? Where's the Squirrel and Playsatan when you need em' : o )

sorry cal i dont have a clue what your on about!! lol :rolleyes:

To me Sounds like a foreign language all those answers you got! :occasion14:

Im useless!!

Im gonna keep an eye on thread as im intrigued and wanna find out! hehe

jon

34 views and nae answers ? Where's the Squirrel and Playsatan when you need em' : o )

I've been in the garage all day, where else would I be :rolleyes:

Don't fret over what's an average knock count amigo. As mentioned every car is a bit different. Different mechanical component can make for a noisier/quieter motor, even your choice of clutch or blow off valve can make a big difference.

What really matters is that you don't see a drastic change in your own average. If it does it can be a really good clue to look out for all the usual suspecys, maf, boost, coil packs, fuel etc. Your mapper will have taken all of this into acount when he cel your cell warning.

When I had the pfc the car alwas ran in the low teens so Andy set the warning for 25. I saw the cell once when the maf went on me but I know Johnnyr6 must hasve seen it as well as he brought the car back with a 90+ displayed on the peak hold after showing Wilky what it could do (det it's t!ts off apparently).

Sorry mate been up at Imy's flat all weekend

If the CEL flashes away with your foot to the floor.........LIFT OFF

Mine usually floats around 12 on cruise and if i lift off over 5000 rpm then it hits anything from 50 to 70

I keep the Power FC Commander on Air Flow and Knock, trough time you get used to what values are normal and can spot if the MAF is going "off"

Hi cal

andy f says he sets warning light at 60 , told me if you see over 50 you should worry , mine used to run from 4 to 35 max on normal fuel , and 4 to 25 max on super i found tesco 99 to be best , all cars normally run different due to engine noise ,old worn parts give a higher average reading

cheers evil

Guest CRAIG D
Awesome advice from the collective massive - I salute you fella's !

:banana:

Famous last words :occasion14: I can see it already BANG you told me that it would be ok it if was at 50-70 :banana:

Am sure it will be fine :rolleyes:

:banana:

Famous last words :occasion14: I can see it already BANG you told me that it would be ok it if was at 50-70 :banana:

Am sure it will be fine :rolleyes:

Well put

Sorry if i mislead you by inferring that 50 - 70 is ok.

Mine contains a JDM Stroker kit which is, after some internet research, notoriously noisy at revs and not standard.

Seeing 50 - 70 on the peak scared the pants off me and i booked it into Andy for a check. Andy confirmed that the noise was not DET as it was happening milliseconds after the injectors had stopped flowing so there was no fuel in the chambers for it to be DET