Oil Levels

Guest CRAIG D

Guest CRAIG D

Right iv got a gearbox i need to take out my track car to put in my new car :rotfl:

So when i got the box out il change the gearbox and rear diff oil BUT the question i ask is where and how much do i put in/out. Acually its more the rear diff i know how i do it with the gearbox

I hope that i dont get a stupid answer :rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl:

Edited by CRAIG D
Right iv got a gearbox i need to take out my track car to put in my new car :rotfl:

So when i got the box out il change the gearbox and rear diff oil BUT the question i ask is where and how much do i put in/out. Acually its more the rear diff i know how i do it with the gearbox

I hope that i dont get a stupid answer :rotfl::rotfl:

Craig when you look at the rear diff you will see 2 plugs one a drain and one a fill im sure think its like a hex in side these undo to drain then use the higher one to fill and im sure you just squezze the diff oil in till it backflows out the higher hole and i think thats full sure someone will write it in english or set me straight Grieg

Guest CRAIG D

Yeah i seen the both but i thought that the bottom 1 was to drain and the is a small brownish plug right at the top of the diff which i thought that was the 1 too put the oil in ???

Hmmmmm am sure sum1 will advice of this??

yea thats about it grieg,your as good at explaining things as me lol

so just to recap bottom plug out to drain and then refill at the top plug,and if you want to be anal about it you can jack the car up at the front when draining to get the last drips out :rotfl:

Guest CRAIG D

Thanks guys thats that sorted out now.

If i remember right is quite a large hexi fitting. Are these the kind of things you can get in halfords?? (legal note: There are other great companys that sell these aparts too)

the is a small brownish plug right at the top of the diff which i thought that was the 1 too put the oil in ???

There is a breather at the very top of the diff, thats not the fill hole.

At the rear plate of the rear diff there is two plugs, they are the same size. Its these your after. (Not the breather on the very top in case thats what you thought)

Edited by Cullenmin
Thanks guys thats that sorted out now.

If i remember right is quite a large hexi fitting. Are these the kind of things you can get in halfords?? (legal note: There are other great companys that sell these aparts too)

i have a set here you can borrow craig if i have one the right size

1.Make sure it's nice and warm (the oil)

2.Remove plug from top and then from bottom

allow oil to drain out.

3.Replace drain plug on bottom

4.Start filling from top slowly and check the dipstick till it's full just like you do with engine oil

5.Replace filler plug

6. Rag the tit's of the car to check it's ok ;)

7.Fill car up with v-power again

8.Job complete

Guest CRAIG D
1.Make sure it's nice and warm (the oil)

2.Remove plug from top and then from bottom

allow oil to drain out.

3.Replace drain plug on bottom

4.Start filling from top slowly and check the dipstick till it's full just like you do with engine oil

5.Replace filler plug

6. Rag the tit's of the car to check it's ok :guinness:

7.Fill car up with v-power again

8.Job complete

;)

Thanks m8 just finished fitting the ne bos with some nice new oil