Engine

cmmon someones got to help us with this one before we both start to strip them down ?????????????????????????

Well the sport engine does not have a turbo for starters and having driven one :rolleyes: I'd say you would be better off keeping the WRX engine. As for it coping with the extra BHP, surely it's the engine that produces the BHP and as a newage sport is around 126BHP and your Import WRX around 280BHP, so it wouldn't be producing any more BHP than it did if it was in the newage shell, apart fro you might accelerate a little quicker as the classic body is a bit lighter than the newage.

You would also have to change the ECU, and perhaps even the diffs and gearbox as I'm not sure if the newage and classic are the same - What is the reason for you doing the swap? Import engines came with more power over the UK cars anyway and are usually made with stronger components too.

I'm sure someone else will come along with a different view lol, but IMHO I'd keep the WRX engine and tune that up with an Apexi, decat and front mount....

bottom end is going on the wrx, so all we really want to do is take the bottom end off the sport, and biuld all the turbo bits and bobs around it. sonit will still be an imported wrx, but just wanting to know if the bottom end will take the power, and if this conversion can be done.

i blow my engine a while back, had bottom end rebuild reground crank, runs ok still rapid . but got this offer on an engine with a lot less miles on it, think my rings are worn now.

Ahh right, I don't think this is do able as the WRX and the sport have different compression ratios, plus if you use the sport pistons they tend to turn chocolate as they are cast.

There are some engines on scoobynet at the mo at reasonable prices tho.

Ahh right, I don't think this is do able as the WRX and the sport have different compression ratios, plus if you use the sport pistons they tend to turn chocolate as they are cast.

There are some engines on scoobynet at the mo at reasonable prices tho.

compression ratios - this was the one i was worried about, (not being able to rev so high)