Dead Radio

I took my '03 WRX in to what I generally consider to be a 'decent' tyre/exhaust place today, for a new battery.

There was a delay as they had to go and get a replacement fuse which one guy said may have already been blown, and another guy said that the car will not start without (so must have been blown by the mechanic as I drov the car in there).

They replaced that anyhow but now my radio has no power. The cigarette lighter works which one fitter said is normally on the same circuit as the radio.

Any idea how easy it would be for me to resolve this issue, without having to take it back to the garage?

Cheers

Steve

I took my '03 WRX in to what I generally consider to be a 'decent' tyre/exhaust place today, for a new battery.

There was a delay as they had to go and get a replacement fuse which one guy said may have already been blown, and another guy said that the car will not start without (so must have been blown by the mechanic as I drov the car in there).

They replaced that anyhow but now my radio has no power. The cigarette lighter works which one fitter said is normally on the same circuit as the radio.

Any idea how easy it would be for me to resolve this issue, without having to take it back to the garage?

Cheers

Steve

Hi, Not sure on subarus but i know that most car stereos have a fuse fitted at the rear of them....they are normally a very low amp and maybe that has popped and needs replacing.

Kev