Knocking Rear Shock 05 Sti

Right got the new car 05 sti

but one rear shock (maybe both who knows) is knocking, just looking for a standard replacement don`t want to spend loads of cash or buy coilovers.

But where to buy???

looked on camskill and the like but only list wrx not sti. Anyone know where or how much? and worth getting from dealer? Grieg Cheers for any help

Take it your warranty's expired Greg? Dealer will replace without quibble if it's within its three years. Even if you're just out, I'd consider giving them a hard time, considering it's such a well-known fault.

i might try charlie at greive prob tell me to poke ti tho lol out of warrenty btw.

Anyone know here to get KYB ultra for an 05 sti? gold shock i think meant to be better but same dampening as standard shocks. greig

i might try charlie at greive prob tell me to poke ti tho lol out of warrenty btw.

Anyone know here to get KYB ultra for an 05 sti? gold shock i think meant to be better but same dampening as standard shocks. greig

I've had two sets changed.. most recent were a warranty job but on my last car i had to pay for them.. Can't remember exactly how much but i got a great price from Charlie, and that's why i started to use Grieves and will continue to.

APPARENTLY there is a temporary fix, and it involves removing the strut and turning part of it 90 degrees.. It could then be ok for a good few thousand miles... (but before anyone comes along and shoots that theory down, it is just what i have been told by a proper reliable source..)

Good luck!