Advanced Driver Training Course

The SIDC have been very lucky in securing a full day of advanced driver training at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre, on Saturday 11th August (yes the day before the Golden Wheels exhibition!).

This was one of the star lots on a recent charity auction held by the local radio station (Northsound).

The day involves a variety of different activities, such as:

skid car training, using their car, mounted in a special frame, which permits the instructor to simulate all different types of skids, black ice etc.

emergency/cadence braking

evasive manoeuvers

driving (including reversing) with a trailer

blindfold driving (your friend gives you instructions!)

A special event, involving driving a number of cars, in different activities against the clock!

This full day course is limited to 12 people, and normally costs £200+VAT per person, but on this one-off occasion, the SIDC are able to offer a place on this fantastic training course for a mere £55!

Places are very limited, and guaranteed to go quickly, so please send me an e-mail to enquire about remaining places, and how to book your place.

Priority will be given to those displaying their car at the Golden Wheels exhibition the following day, as we can simply set-up our cars at the AECC on completion of the driving course.

Wow - talk about a quick response. Only a couple of hours since the event was posted up, and already more than half the available places have gone!

With such a response, I'll try and get some more training courses sorted out, all over the country (if possible).

CHANGE OF DATE!!!

The AECC have unfortunately come back to inform us that the whole car park will not be available on the 11th August, which means that only a few of the activities could be run.

With the Offshore Europe exhibition lasting just over a month (by the time it is constructed, hosted and then dismantled), it means the next available date is Saturday 6th October.

I have also secured a subsidy from the SIDC for this event, meaning the cost will be a mere £45 each for the full days training

I have contacted everyone by email who expressed an interest, to see if they can make the re-scheduled date.

• 3 months later...