Noisey Walbros?

Ok so I fitted a Walbro pump back in February and all was well. After around three months I started to hear it buzzing when sitting stationary at idle from inside the car with the window open. It then got to the point where I could here it with the windows shut. Thinking it was on the blink (and not wanting to run lean) I got another and fitted it around a month ago. It was silent to start with but now it has started buzzing like the last one.

The standard pump only made an audible sound when you first turned the key as the system pressurised... I could never hear it when the car was running unless I put my head in the boot.

Is this normal? It seems odd they dont buzz to start with but surely I cant have two duff ones!

Fuel pressure has remained at 2.6 vac attached and 3.0 vac detached as set by the clinic.

Edited by FMJ
I cant hear mine mate but that is probably down to the Exhaust! Get the whine on prime!

I did notice an interesting thing when fitting these pumps... The instructions say that you must use the filter sock provided in the kit or the pump can be damaged. However every man and his dog says to use the original subaru sock. They are no different to look at other then the proportions are slightly different. The over all size is about the same so I can't see that it makes much odds... Its just a filter after all.

The pumps I have had (one from flat4 and one from indigo GT) have been the ones where the inlet and outlet are offset differently then the original pump so they are a pain to fit as you have to cut and bend the brass fuel pipe to get them in, so already i'm not that impressed with Walbro. Now I am paranoid that the pump will die and my car will starve of fuel...

Before anybody says anything i made sure the cutting and bending did not leave metal debris and that the bend did not effect the flow.

Mine went straight in mate without any mods! My mate got one from Indigo and he had to do the ame as you and solder the wiring!

Strange as the wiring on mine was fine lol oh well... Its obviously not the right pump that i (and your mate) have received which annoys me a bit but oh well.