Tyre Recommendations

Nearly coming round to the time that I'm gonna need to replace the tyres on the car. Am running 19's which just makes the price that much steeper :lol::D

Anyway... been looking around the usual suspects online for pricing and options in a 235/35/19 tyre. Currently have Toyo T1Rs on which were on the wheels when I bought them. Seem okay tyres. I have seen a few people mentioning the Goodyear Eagle F1s but also seen some reviews online saying that they gave a bit more body roll. I did like the RE070s that were on my OE 17s but dunno if you can get them in the 19" size (or how crippling the debt would be buying them :D ) and no-one seems to do my favorite S03's anymore either B)

Anyone got any other recommendations or decent places to look (tried mytyres, blackcircles and camskill so far).

Just wondering if there are any deals anywhere or decent recommendations for tyres before spending so much on them... would hate to spend £500-600+ on a set of tyres only to find I don't like the car on them (like I did with the wifes Leon and the winter tyres we stuck on it).

Cheers,

Iain.

I'm sure a lot of people will disagree.......(waits in anticipation)....

okay not the same budget or image...but you could do worse than a set of Kumho's.....had them on 3 of my road cars and have the KU31 on my track car...and they arent bad at all for the money......and the Irish Rallying tarmac muncher Eugene Donnolly swore by them for years...

Paul

I'm sure a lot of people will disagree.......(waits in anticipation)....

okay not the same budget or image...but you could do worse than a set of Kumho's.....had them on 3 of my road cars and have the KU31 on my track car...and they arent bad at all for the money......and the Irish Rallying tarmac muncher Eugene Donnolly swore by them for years...

Paul

Have always tended to use Bridgestones and loved them the best, S02s, S03s and the RE070s... S03s I think were probably the best of the lot IMO, not just a tramlining as the RE070s.

I made a mistake about 4 or 5 years back when I had S02s on... didn't want to spend the money on a new set so ended up with a set of Falkens which were one of the very worst set of tyres I ever fitted... they lasted forever but seemed to have less grip in both dry and wet than the bald S02s that had come off before... swore never to "cut back" on tyres ever again.

Not tried Kumhos though, Dad has had them on some cars before though I think and thought they were okay but he's not really driving a car with any kind of performance :lol:

Nearly coming round to the time that I'm gonna need to replace the tyres on the car. Am running 19's which just makes the price that much steeper :P;)

Anyway... been looking around the usual suspects online for pricing and options in a 235/35/19 tyre. Currently have Toyo T1Rs on which were on the wheels when I bought them. Seem okay tyres. I have seen a few people mentioning the Goodyear Eagle F1s but also seen some reviews online saying that they gave a bit more body roll. I did like the RE070s that were on my OE 17s but dunno if you can get them in the 19" size (or how crippling the debt would be buying them :D ) and no-one seems to do my favorite S03's anymore either :D

Anyone got any other recommendations or decent places to look (tried mytyres, blackcircles and camskill so far).

Just wondering if there are any deals anywhere or decent recommendations for tyres before spending so much on them... would hate to spend £500-600+ on a set of tyres only to find I don't like the car on them (like I did with the wifes Leon and the winter tyres we stuck on it).

Cheers,

Iain.

I replaced my front T1-R's with cooper avons from turrif tyres and they seem fine. Same size as your looking for @ £125 if i remember correctly.

Allan

Edited by Fonzy

The F1s definitely have a bit more roll than the RE050 and RE070, but by christ they hang on in the dry and especially in the wet.

Also - the ride quality and the road noise is night and day compared to the bridgestones.

Unless I was given a killer deal or got a long term test of a set of other tyres then for scottish road use I'll not be using anything but the F1s. Decent tyre life too :P

The F1s definitely have a bit more roll than the RE050 and RE070, but by christ they hang on in the dry and especially in the wet.

Also - the ride quality and the road noise is night and day compared to the bridgestones.

Unless I was given a killer deal or got a long term test of a set of other tyres then for scottish road use I'll not be using anything but the F1s. Decent tyre life too :P

I will second that i had a set on my last car and they were superb.

And there is a set on the RB5 i just bought although the back's are a bit tired think they have gone off :D

Just got new tyres and was recommended Yokohama Paradas (although this might have been sales pitch to shift them??), part of an alloy wheel deal so don't know tyre price. They look the part and coped well in last Thursday's heavy rain after only about 100miles done, they are meant to get better grip wise in the wet after 500miles. They look good too.

Don't get the Re 070 on a 19" they only go up to 17" A run the new eagle F1 asymetricails and got them from elite direct .com and got 4x 18/40/235 for £444 and free next day delivery.

I got a bit over excited checking their site when they listed the S03's... but then noticed it wasn't in stock and "please call"... which probably means they'd tell you that they weren't available at all.

Cheaper site for the F1's though than mytyres.

I got a bit over excited checking their site when they listed the S03's... but then noticed it wasn't in stock and "please call"... which probably means they'd tell you that they weren't available at all.

Cheaper site for the F1's though than mytyres.

I have fullruns on mine, on it when I got it, they are pretty damn rubbish, but good fun for sideways :P

I'll be going for Eagle F1s when these are done through, fantastic tires!

Edited by Frank_STI