Suggested Menus - thoughts ???

Attached are suggested menus for our gala dinner at the Hilton. We can mix and match things from any menu if we wish, and even come up with other suggestions. There will be vegetarian options available for all courses regardless of the choices of main courses.

Any thoughts ?

I?d probably go for something like Manx broth, roast beef of the chicken en-croute for main, and any of the desserts (or all )

I?m also (very) partial to smoked salmon as a starter, so would possibly suggest that as an alternative, but I?m not sure what everyone else thinks ?

John

Menu 1

Pate Maison - a smooth pate served on a garlic crouton and dressed with a mango coulis

Roast Rib-Eye of Beef - served with a rich red wine sauce, accompanied by a selection of fresh vegetables and potatoes

Twin Chocolate Torte - a light white and dark chocolate torte served with a caramel cream

Coffee and Mints

Menu 2

Manx Broth - a hearty soup served with a fresh bread roll

Chicken en Croute - a plump chicken breast covered in lemon grass flavoured mushrooms then wrapped in puff pastry and served with a mushroom and cream sauce accompanied by a selection of fresh vegetables and potatoes

Strawberry Tartlet - served with an apricot coulis and dressed with whipped cream

Coffee and Mints

Menu 3

Crown of Melon - a full half of ripe melon filled with fruits of the forest and served with a fruit coulis

Roast Loin of Pork - cooked to perfection and served with a refreshing cider sauce accompanied by a selection of fresh vegetables and potatoes

Bread and Butter Pudding - home made and served with fresh cream

Coffee and Mints