Trials Vision - In Aid Of Mcrae Charities

Some of you know I do a lot of promotion, journalism and photography of the sport of Motorcycle Trials. One of the toughest events in the world takes place next week in Fort William in the Scottish Highlands - the Scottish Six Days Trial. 275 riders will take on the Scottish Highland terrain and elements over six days. This is a VERY tough event with routes of up to 100-plus miles per day (on a bike with no seat!) plus 30 "observed sections" where the riders have to ride over rocks and up gullies etc and get penalised every time they put their feet down.

Competing in this event in aid of the Colin McRae Vision Foundation are four Scottish riders. Colin rode Trials in his youth and it was in his plans to one day ride the Scottish Six Days Trial. Unfortunately, that will never now be fulfilled, but these guys will ensure his memory in the sport lives on. They have set a target of £5000 - I want them to smash that target.

Please, please consider donating. Even if it's just a pound. Every little helps and if you are a UK taxpayer, they can reclaim the tax on your donation.

Full details of the team, the event and how to donate can be found on their website at www.trialsvision.com

Feel free to spam this link as much as you like :rotfl:

I'll be at the event all week and will be happy to report back on their progress :rotfl:

Just heard on Nevis Radio in the Fort. Theres talk of ' L 555 BAT ' making a visit on the final day for closing ceremonies

It wasn't L555, but the Legacy was there. Robbie Allan brought it up (and moaning he had to insure it!) Jimmy couldn't make the presentation as he broke a couple of ribs recently.

The big sign was signed by all the riders and auctioned at the presentation last night raising £700 for Make-A-Wish. ;)