What's My Chances

Get the violins at the ready, sob story on its way...

Bought my WRX back in October 2006. It came from a Subaru dealer and had not long had its 2nd service. When i bought it there was either no discussion or the salesperson said it was not with the car of there being the 3years /36k free servicing. Now I understand this offer continues on with the car. Happened to be looking through the service book and there is a note of 3 years free servicing. Had I noticed this back in September 2007 when it had its 3 years service (different Subaru dealer) I'd have brought it up, but not thinking I had the free cover I paid for the work - and the 3 year one ain't cheap.

Chances on me getting any / all of this money back ?

Couldn't get anyone from Subaru on the phone today, will try again tomorrow.

Anyone had similar situation ?

Get the violins at the ready, sob story on its way...

Bought my WRX back in October 2006. It came from a Subaru dealer and had not long had its 2nd service. When i bought it there was either no discussion or the salesperson said it was not with the car of there being the 3years /36k free servicing. Now I understand this offer continues on with the car. Happened to be looking through the service book and there is a note of 3 years free servicing. Had I noticed this back in September 2007 when it had its 3 years service (different Subaru dealer) I'd have brought it up, but not thinking I had the free cover I paid for the work - and the 3 year one ain't cheap.

Chances on me getting any / all of this money back ?

Couldn't get anyone from Subaru on the phone today, will try again tomorrow.

Anyone had similar situation ?

My guess... ZERO! But good luck to you, and I hope you get it. Just out of curiosity, much was the 3 year one?

My guess... ZERO! But good luck to you, and I hope you get it. Just out of curiosity, much was the 3 year one?

Will try anyway, feel misled to what I should have been entitled too, as it is £400 (answers your question too).

John they replace-

Oil

Oil Filter

Fuel Filter

Air Filter

Spark Plugs

Gearbox Oil

Front and Rear Diff Oil

and inspect everything else.

I'm due my 3 year service in September, only done 15k so far! :rotfl:

Man that's a lot of cash for a little work! Anyway, I don't need the airfilter, the plugs, or the gearbox oil :rotfl: and I have 5ltrs of 15w50 Mobil 1 Fully synthetic, so that'll save me a bit. maybe...

Thnaks for the heads up

Edited by TheWelsho
Man that's a lot of cash for a little work! Anyway, I don't need the airfilter, the plugs, or the gearbox oil :rotfl: and I have 5ltrs of 15w15 Mobil 1 Fully synthetic, so that'll save me a bit. maybe...

Thnaks for the heads up

Don't forget the SIDC discount !?

• 2 months later...

Well after numerous weeks of discussions and loaddddds of calls with Subaru and Ian Grieve's have finally managed to get resolution. Get some of the money back and a discounted next service which I'm fine with. There's reasons for this conclusion but I'll not bore you with all the details.

Main reason for digging out this old post is : Credit given where credits due to Ian Grieve's for being so decent & helpful and sticking with me on this.

Don't get if you don't ask !

Well after numerous weeks of discussions and loaddddds of calls with Subaru and Ian Grieve's have finally managed to get resolution. Get some of the money back and a discounted next service which I'm fine with. There's reasons for this conclusion but I'll not bore you with all the details.

Main reason for digging out this old post is : Credit given where credits due to Ian Grieve's for being so decent & helpful and sticking with me on this.

Don't get if you don't ask !

Nice one!