Very Cheap Scooby Parts... Anygood?

It is coming to the time where I have to replace all my brake components. I will be doing the whole lot in one go i.e.

Front Pads

Front Discs

Rear Pads

Rear discs

Handbrake cable

Handbrake shoes

I already brought some genuine subaru front pads a few months ago which cost me around £85 from subaru.

Looking at the service history it looks like front discs are £104 a pair, rear pads £60 a pair and rear dics..... £200 a pair!!!!!

I know these have a hub to house to handbrake shoes but still £200 is far too much for a set of standard discs.

I have found some on here: www.importcarparts.co.uk for around £60 a pair which is far more reasonable.

To be honest I would rather stick to subaru original parts as they are usually good quality and last well but the massive cost of the discs has got me looking elsewhere. Has anybody got any expereince with these cheaper discs? I don't want to scrimp and save with brakes but I really cant jusify £200 on rear discs if there is a good alternative at a third of the price.

If however somebody has tried them and they are crap I will bite the bullet and hand over the dosh to subaru.

You will probably find the H/B shoes are fine - they last for ever if used as they were intended to be used :thumbup:

Also check prices for sports/uprated discs and pads ( e.g. drilled/grooved ) they are often similar to standard dealer prices!

HTH

Paul

You will probably find the H/B shoes are fine - they last for ever if used as they were intended to be used :thumbup:

Also check prices for sports/uprated discs and pads ( e.g. drilled/grooved ) they are often similar to standard dealer prices!

HTH

Paul

Yeah they may be ok, thing is I will only know once I get the disc off and then if they are shot I would like to have the shoes there ready. The handbrakes isnt great and has covered 83,000miles now so im not too worried about the £20 to replace the shoes.

Looks like i will be buying non OE rear discs then as they are so much cheaper then subaru!