Project Wrx ........

Been a little busy playing with the car the last few days in the pursuit of a little more power ;)

My plans are to take my Wrx to its limits and see how far i can go :lol: before i need to upgrade to a 2.5 lump B)

Currently the car is running 285bhp/286ftlb but i want a little more so will be adding the following new toys to the car :D

Mods to be added are as follows:

TD05 18g

sti injectors

full 3inch decat system

Fuel pressure regulater

Front mount intercooler

Walbro Fuel pump

Perrin Inlet Pipe

Future mods are

Blobeye front end

Wide arches also liking the 3 dr look

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h21/jamb.../Racecar054.jpg

Roll cage

Interior stripped out

New anti roll bars and droplinks

Bigger brakes

plus a few more bits !!!!!!

Plus a Simtek ecu and map by Jolly Green Monster :):lol:

Here are a few pics of whats been done so far :D

Tdo4 turbo next to Tdo5< you can see the size difference !!!!! Lots of cursing when bolts would not undo !!!!!

DSC01346.jpg

Old 2.5inch Exhaust system next to new 3 inch Zero Sports exhaust, will need some cleaning stuff now :lol:

DSC01343.jpg

New Downpipe, nice and shiny

DSC01347.jpg

Downpipe lagged and ready to go on the car, the most itching stuff in the world ( according to Pele )

DSC01348.jpg

DSC01349.jpg

Turbo and downpipe fitted ( with a few scraped knuckles !!!!! )

DSC01350.jpg

Got the Fuel pressure reg and injectors waiting to go on the car, but my next job is to fit the front mount :( , which i think will be a little bit of fun :D

And i would like to say thanks to my 2nd mechanic Pele for handing me tools and finding lost bolts etc :P

Will post up pics when i have done some more to the car which wont be long :lol:

Tony

Edited by Loony Toon
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mate :P gonna be fun doing the other bits although injectors look like they may be hard to do !!!!!

But im gonna give it a go anyway :lol:

It's getting to the injectors is the hard bit i believe, might be a idea to get new o rings for them just in case :)

It's getting to the injectors is the hard bit i believe, might be a idea to get new o rings for them just in case :)

Already got the new o rings mate, first thing i did :lol: If i cant get to them ill get someone to fit them for me but my idea is to do as much of the work to the car as i can :lol: sort of home bred wrx :lol:

But any helping hands ( or Hammers ) are welcome :P

Looks good, my classic is running an 18G with similar mods mapped by Simon at Jolly Green Monster. I read a few threads about injector o-rings leaking but in the end fitted them myself without any problems. Good luck with the mods, don't know what HP/torque mine is running now as it was set up on the M49 but it's pretty frantic!

good on you tony for doin yourself front mounts are easy to fit its the cutting of the front bumper that is horrible an the injectors cant be to bad api fitted mine an serviced car an mapped while i waited took about 4 hours to do it all :lol:

Guess who will probably be getting the cutting job :P as well as bumper removal as Tony seems to think all he needs is a hammer to remove it :lol: :lol:

And yes the down pipe was a pleasure to do, not! I'm still itching from that lol - note to self check what th heat wrap is made of and wear clothing and gloves to suit accordingly.... :)

Thats an expertly wrapped downpipe! Is it the sticky backed stuff or has is just got the retaining wire, iv heard soaking it in water first can help, did you bother doing that? Going to try and do mine when i decat it but its going to look less like a downpipe and more like an egyptian mummy. Have you figured a new gearbox in this, esp if you want to go to 2.5.

Thats an expertly wrapped downpipe! Is it the sticky backed stuff or has is just got the retaining wire, iv heard soaking it in water first can help, did you bother doing that? Going to try and do mine when i decat it but its going to look less like a downpipe and more like an egyptian mummy. Have you figured a new gearbox in this, esp if you want to go to 2.5.

Yes a gearbox has been thought of and looking into options as i dont really want a six speed, i like the 5 speed :P

Yes a gearbox has been thought of and looking into options as i dont really want a six speed, i like the 5 speed ;)

go ppg mate especially if you are gonna use as an every day car as well

if you need a tool to get that wheel nut offf let me no as may have somethin to remove i had a look earlier :)