Newbie In Didcot, Oxon!

Hello All,

Just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Mike, 18 years from the Didcot, Oxfordshire area. bought a Red 1994 Impreza Turbo 2000 last week

Yes, I'm the owner of the car, and yes I'm also the policy holder of my insurance, and yes I'm paying a F*****G lot of money to insure it. I've already been pulled over because they thought I'd nicked it, im sure thats something im going to have to get used to, dont think the copper could quite believe it when i produced legal docs! hehe!

And before someone comments, I'm not your typical 18 year old halfords "rude boy", I'm pretty mature and know that my new car could kill me or others. I've been driving a Focus 1.8 LX since May 2007 and managed not to add any MDF barryboy Spoilers to it!

The scooby scares me s**tless and I don't think I'll ever cain it to its full potential!

Just thought I'd pop in to say hello, i've already been flashed by a few scoobys in the didcot area.

PICS:

myimpreza.jpg

myimpreza2.jpg

myimpreza3.jpg

Evening Mike.

Fellow Focus owner to and couldn't believe the difference when i hopped in the scoob, no turning back though.

There's a few of us in Oxford i'm more central with members more North in Oxford and im sure our R/O Craigy will say hi he's a top bloke and you've probably seen him about can't miss him.

welcome along

Ben

Cheers! One of the reasons I bought the Impreza was so I could meet new people and learn more about the car I've loved since I was 12.

But yeah you're right, I have hardly used the Focus since!

Mike

hello mate

i like you admired this car from an early age, watchin the hero to many in colin mcrea wizzing through the stages was enough to excite anyone, so wen i got mine i loved it and still do even with the probs i have (not trying to scare you lol), its one of the strongest cars i have owned and feel safe in nowing my family is safe in it,

listen to me lol, go on a bit,

yours looks stunning mate and look forward to seeing it in the fleash.

cheers

craigy

ps as mentioned in another thread, i live in abingdon so we could meet up somtime for a little photoshoot and a chat about the membership benifits

Hi Mike

Welcome to the SIDC

I am a Oxon scooby owner, live in Bicester

Nice clean car there mate, love the colour :unsure:

Kaz

Thanks! I'm just about to reply to your PM. Cheers for sending those details over.

hello mate

i like you admired this car from an early age, watchin the hero to many in colin mcrea wizzing through the stages was enough to excite anyone, so wen i got mine i loved it and still do even with the probs i have (not trying to scare you lol), its one of the strongest cars i have owned and feel safe in nowing my family is safe in it,

listen to me lol, go on a bit,

yours looks stunning mate and look forward to seeing it in the fleash.

cheers

craigy

ps as mentioned in another thread, i live in abingdon so we could meet up somtime for a little photoshoot and a chat about the membership benifits

Yeah, I've been a rally fan since the age of about 12, I watched burnsie take the title on tv in the car I reffered to at the time as "the real version of my remote controlled impreza! and was instantly hooked. I've attended Network Q/Wales Rally GB every year since the following year, 2002 and came across this car last week and fell in love with it. Now at the age of 18 (alomost 19) it feels amazing to be driving around in the "real version" of the remote controlled car I loved almost 7 years ago.

I'm glad you like the pics, and I can't wait to see yours up close!

Be in touch

Thanks

Welcome to the scooby clan. Great looking car you have there. Get the membership sorted and hope to see you at some of the shows and events this year.

Cheers

Iain

Yes, I'm looking to register and get to know you all, really looking forward to it! one of the reasons I bought it was the social aspect!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...