Urgent Help Required......

Hi all,

Looking for help / advice please…….

I have a sti V3 and went out this morning joined the motorway was just driving normally; water temp was about 74 / 75.

Then out of no where there was quite a loud knock from the right hand side of the engine bay as soon as this happened I lost all power had to move straight onto the hard shoulder as soon as the car came to a stand still the car would not idle it just cut out.

I tried to start the car the revs would not go past 2000rpm lost of black smoke from the exhaust and when I tried to pull away the car would just judder and stall, I then started the car built the revs up and pulled away in first then straight in second, third and into forth all the time the car was not running right (sounded like it was running on three cylinders). There is now power in the car foot flat to the floor and it does not want to go at all.

If I try and start the car now it will start and then just stall again.

Does anyone have any ideas on how bad this could be???

When I got the car home I had a look in the engine bay and I can not see any damage to the left hand rocker cover as you look into the engine, as the same stage I don’t know the piston could have gone, big end etc, etc…….

Oh and any ideas how I can get the car from the east of Glasgow down to Greer’s??? Anyone got a trailer they could help me out when the time comes or is it poss to hire a flat bed truck thing to take the car down myself????

Any advised will be most helpful.

Thanks, oh and merry Christmas

Alan

Hi guys,

Just back in from sorting the car out. One of the intercooler pipes had blown off, the 2 pipes togther under the air filter one had popped off, put it back on made sure it is nice and tight and took the car for a good drive to try and clean it out and it seems to be back to normal again.

A.

Hi guys,

Just back in from sorting the car out. One of the intercooler pipes had blown off, the 2 pipes togther under the air filter one had popped off, put it back on made sure it is nice and tight and took the car for a good drive to try and clean it out and it seems to be back to normal again.

A.

Excellent Oz! ;)

Nowt worse than an expensive repair. Especially @ this time of year :thumbup: