Re-map Done Today....at Last!....results

At last i got the scoob re-mapped with the new Apexi. should of been a few week back.. r/r broke...then a day before the next appointment got a call... cancelled again..but that couldn't be helped..SO today at 2pm Engine advantages in Witham had my car on the rollers......should of been :icon_rendeer: ....had 6.5 mile to go and the A12 was at a stand still..........they shut it at kelvedon for what i don't know...2 hours later after waiting then a detour of my own through some very tight back roads i got there...fearing the worst..'it too late'.. but Paul was so cool about it.... he was done just after 5 pm... and it's sweet as a nut, had flames and all....not so much on way home though :thumbup: ...............

results:

311.1 bhp at fly wheel (6100 rpm)

283.8 lb torque (5250 rpm)

:blush:

ENGINE ADVANTAGES :biggrinsanta: cheers paul, made me happy again

Edited by insane clown
Really am chuffed for you mate, they are very good figures, bet your over the moon!! Must say your Scoob sounds awesome aswell! :kerstsmiley:

cheers matey!....i would of settled for 300, so i was pleased with 311, heart was in mouth though, the noise was horrendous,.. happy for the car too, this was a test.. and it seems the gearbox is original with 155,000 on it :banana: . newer engine though :thumbup: it'll do me for now :D

Hey

does sound pretty sweet, out of curiousity, what tuning have you done to get it to those figures?

Hi, the sound inside the cabin is quite, all beit a little rasp, i've lost the deep thump coz of the headers, they are unequal length but very free flowing. it's full de-cat with TSL group N back box. the mods i've added to the standard uk wagon are: walbro 255, K&N induction, 440' injectors, roger clark oil pump, roger clark s/s headers, full de-cat, front mount intercooler, Apexi power fc & commander........have a look at the garage section for info...oh it has the std tdo5 turbo too :thumbup:

cheers!!

CHEERS KEV!!....certainly feels quicker, haven't yet give it a blast proper yet, but i'm missing some bangs and pops...and flames...so it may have to go back and have them sorted :madnoel:

Edited by insane clown
Crackin figures there Mark, are you running standard boost? mine will be similar spec but ive got the AVCR to go with it. Going for Harvey Smith headers and a Hybrid FMIC. Ive got some 44o,s but might up that to 550,s

hi mate, yes using standard boost equipment but he mapped to 1.2 bar, and put lower levels on the controllor if needed. got paul to map it for everyday use, hence he missed out my pops and bangs!..and he bared in mind the uk engine is stock...but he said the engine was good and strong... the other thing was the amount of power loss after the fly wheel, came out at 250 bhp at wheels, suppose a different more suited turbo and 550's would bump it up considerbly, .. good strong box and heavy duty clutch, lightened fly wheel then should get closer figures at wheels to the fly?

I will be using the TD05 too Mark. Already have Alloy flywheel and pulleys so hopefully that will reduce the inertia!Mine has forged internals as stock so it will/should be strong enough. TBH im not that worried about the figures just want it to drive better! Gonna get the chassis sorted to be able to put the power down, it would be great to have 300+ but what is the point if its alles uber die platz lol. Once its done will let you know what she makes mate you must be well happy?

I will be using the TD05 too Mark. Already have Alloy flywheel and pulleys so hopefully that will reduce the inertia!Mine has forged internals as stock so it will/should be strong enough. TBH im not that worried about the figures just want it to drive better! Gonna get the chassis sorted to be able to put the power down, it would be great to have 300+ but what is the point if its alles uber die platz lol. Once its done will let you know what she makes mate you must be well happy?

you'll see more than mine i recon no probs, i was supprised being a uk motor, in the back of my head i was thinking 280bhp...wanted 300 though... think thats enough as it is and on std uk gubbings!!.. seriously i think yours will be super, set up right, nice and safe.. go for ever... plenty of torque too i recon :thumbup:

i've got that feeling now that i just want to get in the car and drive and try it, i'm checking for knock on different parts of the road and how i drive on it, so i get an idea what it likes, ... it feels like i'm at the end of the road already when i try it!!.... i'll see if i can scan the print out and post it on, got a good curve, no blips, or sudden changes... :kerstsmiley:

Lets hope so, im not convinced it was 250ps out of the box that is the factory qouted ps on the release of the car. I could pull away from newage wrx no problem and my mates 280wrx classic coulnt keep up on the Autobahn either! Got dusted yesterday on the autobahn by my mates sti4 i was doing 150 and he just sailed past lol. But he broke the turbo a bit later on in the day and popped the rear crank oil seal. Currently i think mine has more poke from the stock ecu, plugged the Apexi in admittedly its so much smoother but i feel its took a bit of a power loss! Only the remap next year will tell the tale!

Lets hope so, im not convinced it was 250ps out of the box that is the factory qouted ps on the release of the car. I could pull away from newage wrx no problem and my mates 280wrx classic coulnt keep up on the Autobahn either! Got dusted yesterday on the autobahn by my mates sti4 i was doing 150 and he just sailed past lol. But he broke the turbo a bit later on in the day and popped the rear crank oil seal. Currently i think mine has more poke from the stock ecu, plugged the Apexi in admittedly its so much smoother but i feel its took a bit of a power loss! Only the remap next year will tell the tale!

thats what i thought compared with my old zerosports ecu, same boost but that was raw.. sure it spooled earlier too... and had flames with it....not even a pop so far with apexi!!..see what you get on the day stu :kerstsmiley:

print out

Edited by insane clown