Stereo Question

Fai17 - i think speeaker and cd head unit is the way to go :) IrishAL has some stuff for sale at good prices :thumbup:

COLZO - Don`t buy the pocket from Halfrauds John, as it looks bad :thumbup:

thefastone - DONT buy from halfrauds!!!!! they are waaaay overpriced, :thumbup:

:blush: :icon_rendeer: :biggrinsanta: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

What you need to make it ok is -

What ever head unit you have bought

17cm in front with tweaters & crossover

13cm in rear

Subaru Forrester Single Din Pocket - Part Number 66128SA040 (This is for full width pocket)

The aerial will work fine without anything, just make sure its in firmly. Not sure if there is an earthing wire on the hawkeye but if there is it needs to be reconnected to the metal holder/frame arround the stereo. If you didnt know it was there is usually pops off when you pull the old unit out cause the lead is quite short, thats how it was on my one.

A wee question for you - What the difference between standard subaru speakers and a decent set of speakers arround £100 ????

About £99.50 :P

Al

Edited by Irish Al

What model of scoob do you have? Is it one with an external ariel or one where the ariel is embedded in the rear window? If it is the embedded type then I believe there is a ariel amplifier hidden away somewhere which requires power. If it doesn't receive power the result is poor radio reception with only the strongest stations received.

I fitted a pioneer unit in my MY06 using an autloeads harness adaptor and it uses the electric ariel feed from the head unit (blue wire) to power the ariel amplifier.

If you have an external ariel then I am flumaxed.

P

Like Paul said John, if you got the Autoleads ISO adaptor the radio stations should be fine as I have the rear window aerial as you do, just make sure the aerial jack is nice and tight as I had to get a wee adaptor for my Alpine HU.

Yeah, got all that. I noticed in the HU manual that there is a setting that you can change to determine whether the unit searches for only the strongest (local) stations or those in a more remote location. So I will check that that is set to the lowest on my way to work. Failing that, I'll make sure the ariel is all the way in.

Cheers!

J