Graphics

Ok as some of you may know im not realy in to styling, BUT ...... I was thinking if we are going down to prodrive (as Grant said on sunday), i might get the P1 stickerd up with full decals. so not realy being in to the styling side of things and dont have a clue about the following questions. ;)

1- Where in scotland can this be done ?

2- How much does it cost ?

3- Does it harm the paint ?

And it must be these graphics ......

154707020.jpg

868883399.jpg

:guinness:

Edited by Jcscoob
Ok as some of you may know im not realy in to styling, BUT ...... I was thinking if we are going down to prodrive (as Grant said on sunday), i might get the P1 stickerd up with full decals. so not realy being in to the styling side of things and dont have a clue about the following questions. ;)

1- Where in scotland can this be done ?

2- How much does it cost ?

3- Does it harm the paint ?

Nice idea!!!

A-1 > Most signwriting/vehicle lettering companies should be able to do this for you. Alternatively you can try and apply all the vinyls yourself. it's doable but time-consuming and with the size of vinyls it will be tricky unless you'v;e had previous experience.

A-2 > To get it done professionally I'd guess a ballpark figure of £250 > £500 But each company prices these things differently.. If just buying the vinyls seperately expect to pay around £50 > £100 again maybe more.. You "may" be able to arrange a discount if you let the company put a wee advert on your car along with the rest of the decals.

A-3 > Generally no.. If left on for several years then removed you may be left with marks where the paint has been faded by the sun and not where the vinyls were stuck on. If it's just temporary a few weeks/months you may find after removing that you get slight outlines where the stickers were. Especially noticeable when washing the car. the water seems to respond differently where the stickers were compared to where they were not. Almost like a ghost of what was there before. But that can usually be cleared up with a couple sessions of polishing to get any residue removed.

Edited by ScoUK
Ed-209's subaru was done at Underground Graphics, i featured Ed's car for Falkirk Cruise so had a good close look at the graphics and it appeared to be an excellent standard of work, i'd give em a call.

Hi Rab long time no hear, PM me.

JCScoob - The graphic's underground did faded badly so did malky's and welsho's so stay away from dayglow also rips the clear coat when getting removed, mine where all replaced in march/april this year with police grade reflective's so far no fade.

When you remove any graphics it always leave a mark on the paint work it's like the paint takes a raised edge at the edge of the graphics (if that makes sense) the one I had on the roof has been buffed 3/4 times and the mark is still their.

Would I do it again...already have.

Go for it, the graphics you are picking would look minted on your car.

Ed