SIDC v2.0

Phil why have certain replies to threads been deleted for migration???

replies have been deleted by Andy WRX dont understand why..they werent good morning/last letter and such like???????????Is it just a general tidy up of old threads etc?

It's not so much "worthless posts" as stuff that doesn't really add value to the forums and will slow down the migration. The less there is to migrate, the less time the site will be down. Stuff like Word Association games, Last Letter games - they can be HUGE topics, but don't really add any value. By getting rid of stuff like that along with things like I touch goats threads now, I can cut down on the amount of time the site is offline - which is only good for all of us.

As Phil said, post ranking will still be available after the migration, but I'm a firm believer in QUALITY, not quantity. Posting for the sake of increasing post count doesn't add anything in terms of value to the forums so post count will only be available by looking at a users profile. Virtually everybody will see a reduction in post count after the migration due to the current purge that's taking place.

hope it brings some life back to the forum

because over the last 3-4 months its been dead

Trust me, it will. I don't do failure. [:P] I'm not being arrogant, but I think the future looks more than bright. Don't want to say too much right now as walls have ears  [:#]