Music Quiz - can anyone help ?

www.hallforest.co.uk/jstest/musicquiz/musicquiz.mp3 (warning 30Mb mp3 file, 45 minutes long with 231 tracks to identify!)

Can anyone identify the first song/piece of music ? It only last a second or so, so you'll need to be quick!

The 7th (sounds like the end of a song with some clapping and woo-hoos!) and 8th would be much appreciated as well [:(]

I've got about 150 of the others so far, but are just too recent for me!

Thanks in advance!

John

PS There are no prizes involved - it's just for fun/torture which ever way you look at it.

Many Thanks [:(]

We finally got the Al Green one by watching the pulp fiction credits to get the name of the another song later on.

I'm stuck with a few others now, mostly recent stuff so I'm perstering the kids.

Cheers

John

Well done that man - don't think I've quite got that many yet.

I've got all my answers in an Excel spreadsheet. I can email it to you, and you can send me your answers if you have them electronically. I'm sure you'll have lots of the ones that I don't - I can recognise them, but can't remember the singer!

John

I hate to tell you, but No 7 isn't Trini Lopez. I've got that on a compilation album and the end isn't the same. I've also tried Lily The Pink, Nellie The Elephant, Barbara Ann and several other I could think of that had clapping at the end and no joy [:(]

Huge Thanks Iain, you have lots that I didn't have.

I have no idea what number 7 is - my first thought was perhaps one of the MTV acoustic sets, or something quite recent, as I don't think that woo-hoo was a common phrase in the 60s - could be wrong though.

Andy - I'm sure you'll have the answer by the end of the weekend [:D]

I won't lose sleep over number 7 as I've never heard it before, and can't think at all what it could be. That's not the case with some of the others though [:(]

John

Andy - I'm sure you'll have the answer by the end of the weekend [:(]

I bloody won't - I have work to do which is why I've not listened to the whole thing. Too easy to get sidetracked.

PS. It's not Hello Mudda Hello Fadda either. [:$]