Attention All Aberdeen And Area Owners

Hey Folks, Just had the Chief reporter from the P&J on the phone to me there, and he tells me that Grampian Police have put out a press release this morning about The Spate of thefts in the Aberdeen Area.

As follows:

Issue Date: 10/06/2010

Client Reference:

Client UID: 10-24-1

Advice for Subaru owners

Subaru owners in Grampian are being warned by police to take extra security precautions.

The warning comes after thieves have targeted 21 Subaru cars in Aberdeen since 1 January 2010.

Of the 21 cars involved, nine were stolen. Eight of the cars have since been recovered. The other vehicles were either broken into or an attempt made to break-in to them.

Sergeant Allan Heggie of Aberdeen Division Crime Reduction Unit said: "The majority of the Subarus being targeted are the Impreza model which, as it is quite a high performance car with good handling, is seen as being desirable among thieves.

"Most of the models involved were first registered in the years 1994 to 1998. Many of these cars may have been imported to this country through dealers other than recognised Subaru dealers and as a result, some of them may not have the same standard of security fitted."

"At least some of these vehicle thefts are believed to be linked and the investigation into these incidents is ongoing.

Sgt Heggie added:

"As always we would advise motorists, in particular owners of Subarus, to take proper steps to secure their vehicles.

"This can be done by taking relatively simple and inexpensive car security steps such fitting additional visible security measures to their steering wheel or other vehicle parts or by installing a Thatcham approved alarm or an immobiliser."

Further car security advice is available through the Grampian Police website at http://www.grampian.police.uk/Advice.aspx?...;34;24;82"

Anyone with any information is asked to contact Grampian Police on 0845 600 5 700 or if you wish to remain anonymous and your information is not urgent, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

ends

Note to editors:

The 21 incidents happened on the following dates and at these locations:

Stolen Car–

14/01/2010 George Street

23/01/2010 George Street

04/05/2010 Seaton

04/05/2010 Ashgrove

02/06/2010 Middlefield

07/06/2010 Garthdee

Break-in/attempted break-in or theft/theft of item(s)–

26/01/2010 Hanover (part of)

01/03/2010 Ferryhill

04/05/2010 Mastrick

04/05/2010 Mastrick

05/05/2010 Torry

12/05/2010 Seaton

13/05/2010 Froghall

19/05/2010 Torry

27/05/2010 Denmore

31/05/2010 Mastrick

01/06/2010 Balgownie

02/06/2010 Tillydrone

08/06/2010 Seaton

08/06/2010 Hilton

Stay Safe, and if you've been putting off getting the security on your car sorted, then now might be the time to do it. :lol:

Edited by thefastone
  • 1 month later...

LoL... I`m a light sleeper.... PLUS I sleep nude... AND I have no problem in running straight out the door wearing just a baseball bat....

They will have 3 things to think of... Either I`m wanting a game of rounders.... Or, I`m gonna shag them, Or they can just get the **** away from my car before an angry nude t**t of a man with a baseball bat hits them all for a home run.. :P

LoL... I`m a light sleeper.... PLUS I sleep nude... AND I have no problem in running straight out the door wearing just a baseball bat....

They will have 3 things to think of... Either I`m wanting a game of rounders.... Or, I`m gonna shag them, Or they can just get the **** away from my car before an angry nude t**t of a man with a baseball bat hits them all for a home run.. :P

Yep... I think THAT's the sort of therapy you need all right, sir! *chuckle*

Cought two little s**** bags trying all the car doors as thay walked up my street tonight. I was sat in the car installing windows 7 and saw them coming in the drivers side mirror. I have limo tinted windows so they obviously did not see me ;) When I got out they both crapped themselves and then ran.

Long story short I got a hold of one and have his phone, he goes to RGU and now has got no hope of becoming a surgeon or playing piano.

He promised that he would never walk down my street or even look at a Subaru again whilst he filled his shoe full of pee.

The other one said I was dead in a very well spoken voice as he ran like a little girl, I may lose a little sleep.

Cought two little s**** bags trying all the car doors as thay walked up my street tonight. I was sat in the car installing windows 7 and saw them coming in the drivers side mirror. I have limo tinted windows so they obviously did not see me ;) When I got out they both crapped themselves and then ran.

Long story short I got a hold of one and have his phone, he goes to RGU and now has got no hope of becoming a surgeon or playing piano.

He promised that he would never walk down my street or even look at a Subaru again whilst he filled his shoe full of pee.

The other one said I was dead in a very well spoken voice as he ran like a little girl, I may lose a little sleep.

You big bully that you are, threatening the little bastar*s like that! Hope you gave them a right good fcukin kickin !!