Udate On Choco Block..

Just an up date and some photos. Motor's built just waiting for oil pump to arrive. Just about to put sump on and assemble manifolds and turbo,then it's time to drop it in and plumb it up i mean Stevie is lol . Should be ready to fire it up early next week. Brakes are ordered and should be here sometime next week..... :hyper:

Regards will update when recieve more ...................... :hyper:

Well! This is a far cry from the man who was on the brink of selling not so long ago. Lovely new bits and a super-clean workspace. Looks like an F1 garage! :hyper::hyper:

Lol i know must thank my wife again she has had her health spar for the weekend with a friend on me and i thinks she's wantin more lol...

The Workspace is not mine im affraid wish it was, i think the other block there is JAC of this .... not 100% tho ye he has some smashing goodies in that Garage and defo knows his onions.....

Regards

Chris

Well more progression a few other changes to the block went for a diffrent fuel rail set up.... latest pics brother in Law is going down to the garage so more pics to follow ie new brakes 6 pots ....Ready to plumb in and start up..

A Few changes that have been completed on this stage ..

2.5 short block

Forged Pistons

Uprated Rods

Cosworth head gaskets

ACL race bearings

Gaskets/ seals

T/ belt

Injectors

Apexi ecu

ARP studs

Uprated oil pump

Oils, 3 changes

Filters, 3

Anti freeze

Brakes 6 pots

Remap

Port heads/cc chambers

Custom work,

Rotated manifold

Powder coating

Alternater bracket

Apexi AVCR

Newage maf/plug

Custom pipes

Rotate turbo housing

Supply PH2 rails/ install parallel fuel lines

Assemble pipe work/ rewire for newage sensor and install

Manufacture induction kit

Assemble discs to bells and fit brake kit

Regards

Chris :lol:

Edited by braveheart
Looking good Chris, bet you cant wait to get home. :rotfl:

I know counting down the days been waiting for this day to come for a while so the end is near for this stage anyways lol.. Hows your's coming along mate.. i beleive a few changes is in the process for you aswell..hope it all goes well..you deserve it. :lol:

Regards

Chris.

Well more progression a few other changes to the block went for a diffrent fuel rail set up.... latest pics brother in Law is going down to the garage so more pics to follow ie new brakes 6 pots ....Ready to plumb in and start up..

A Few changes that have been completed on this stage ..

2.5 short block

Forged Pistons

Uprated Rods

Cosworth head gaskets

ACL race bearings

Gaskets/ seals

T/ belt

Injectors

Apexi ecu

ARP studs

Uprated oil pump

Oils, 3 changes

Filters, 3

Anti freeze

Brakes 6 pots

Remap

Port heads/cc chambers

Custom work,

Rotated manifold

Powder coating

Alternater bracket

Apexi AVCR

Newage maf/plug

Custom pipes

Rotate turbo housing

Supply PH2 rails/ install parallel fuel lines

Assemble pipe work/ rewire for newage sensor and install

Manufacture induction kit

Assemble discs to bells and fit brake kit

Regards

Chris :D

Oh right, so just the odd change here and there then? ;):D

Rotated manifold......looks standard to me

Rotate turbo housing ....it's in standard location

A big list no less..

That's correct Peter. Stevie W said he will run the engine first then will do the rest of the modifications prior the Remap as far as im aware ...my fault showed of wrote above mods still to be carried out once engine is run in.. silly me !! thats the mods thats going to happen..soon

Regards..

Chris.

That's correct Peter. Stevie W said he will run the engine first then will do the rest of the modifications prior the Remap as far as im aware ...my fault showed of wrote above mods still to be carried out once engine is run in.. silly me !! thats the mods thats going to happen..soon

Regards..

Chris.

The turbo housing has already been rotated as can be seen in the last picture. The outlet on an MD turbo always faces the passenger side of the car so this one is facing the drivers side. Not rotated as in a garrett turbo i think you mean.

The turbo housing has already been rotated as can be seen in the last picture. The outlet on an MD turbo always faces the passenger side of the car so this one is facing the drivers side. Not rotated as in a garrett turbo i think you mean.

Thanks for correcting me my friend think i have got my self confused mmmm :D aww well its comming along anyways lol..cheers ;) .

Regards

Chris.

I know counting down the days been waiting for this day to come for a while so the end is near for this stage anyways lol.. Hows your's coming along mate.. i beleive a few changes is in the process for you aswell..hope it all goes well..you deserve it. :D

Regards

Chris.

Thanks Chris. Mine is till 3 weeks away, cant wait. ;)

Loving your inlet manifold, it's the best one Subaru have made to date :D

looking good chris.still going to be running unequal length headers?

Hey Jimser, yes still going to be running unequal headers been told this will give better tourqe....always open to more advice tho..possibly going to be running 10% menthanol still debating or just run pump fuel..not too sure yet looking at the pros and cons..While the motors out I'll paint the heads, also. The alternater bracket still to be modded as is all the pipe work.I need to get it running and put miles on it,then it's back for the mods ie manifold,front entry, newage maf on blow thru and pipe work. :P:D

Regards

Chris

Hey Guys and Girls whilst the mods are coming fast and furious and the engine is going to be run in. Once miles are on the choco block then the rest of the mods will follow,the remap by the man himself is near Mr Andy .F . So there is now light at the end of the Tunnel and a certain individual is working all hours to finish this project or this stage lol however, Im now looking to put a full new exhaust on full decat what do we recomend just wantin this for full performace...whats top notch !!

Any Ideas Type of exhaust..

Make -

Price-

Performance extra BHP-

Sound Loud Rumble ect-

What would you put on your car if you had the choice and the money..

Your help in this matter is much appreciated.

Regards

Chris. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, Stevie busy running motor in. Manifold is looking good all the extra bosses and lugs have been removed so It'll look radical. Then its off to the powder coaters soon and then when everthings back it's all change. New custom pipe work, blow thru, rewire mapsensor,apexi,installed, 740 inj, avcr fitted and ready for the 1st july.Then some Andy F magic...

So its comming along...cant wait to crail now hope i beat my PB this year... :icon_salut:

Regards

Chris.