Car in Prosport

My car has been in Prosport now since last Friday.

It went in for a 60k mile service £403 and a new up-pipe to be fitted.  It turns out they didn't have any in stock so it has been in since then.  Expect to get it back tomorrow (I Hope) they have had trouble removing the studs on the turbo.

They quoted me £240 for Labour and £120 for the pipe.  Hope it's still the same costs [;)]

I'm expecting to pay in total £763.

Cheers

Lee

Just got my car back [;)]

Prosport have done an excellent job and came within budget thankfully.

One thing I have noticed though now is since I received it, having had a 60k mile service and a Hayward & Scott Up-Pipe fitted the car's boost seems to be later than before.  It used to come in at around 3000 rpm and now it's more like 4250 rpm.

Is that attributed to the Up-Pipe? or is there a setting on the car somewhere that changes it?

They also changed a PCM valve that allows the carbon gases to flow into the Inlet manifold.

The car feels fast but unsure about the late boost, it doesn't seem quite as savage as it did before.

Please help!

Lee

Yeah, gonna give him a call first thing to check it out.  I am wondering if it's a characteristic of the new Up-Pipe but then again it's just a new pipe replacing an old pipe.  Original pipe didn't have a CAT like the WRX model so it shouldn't make a difference.

I wonder if they have missed connecting a small tube to the turbo or could the ECU have been reset and need to adjust itself?

I'll hopefully find out tomorrow.

Cheers

Lee

Hi Bob,

Hope your well.  The car is starting to feel a little better now I have driven 100miles since the work.  It still suffers from later boost than normal but I think it's actually lowering.  It started out at 4500rpm before the boost came in, but now it's more like 3900rpm.  Still higher than standard but it's coming down [:)]

I spoke to Prosport the day after, who have been very good and very customer friendly [Y] Peter said the car had an ECU reset which is part of the 60k Mile service.  It clears any faults etc that the car may have been logging since new.  The Boost problem could be attributed to either a different Up-Pipe which may have changed the cars performance (hopefully for the better) or it could be learning the timing settings etc changing the multipliers?

Not quite sure what the multipliers are or what effects an ECU rest has but I hoping it will go back to normal soon. 

Peter has been very good and invited me to his garage next week to have the ECU checked using EcuTeck? he can check the Multipliers he said.

Following his conversation I said I would run it for a little while, say a week and see how it goes and then pay a visit if it doesn't change.  In all honesty they had real problems with my exhaust pipe they charged me 5 hours labour but can tell you that they actually spent 2 days removing the pipework.  (Siezed Studs)

I have got to say though even though the boost is later than normal it feels very fast now [:(]  I don't seem to have the major lag as I did before.  The car before had loads of lag up to 2850rpm then loads of boost.  Now it feels like I have normal car power upto 3900rpm then loads of boost.  So in essence it may be faster now as the car gets to the boost faster, if that makes sense!

It feels less savage the power now:-

Before: Lag, Lag, Loads of Power!!

Now: Power, Power, Power, Loads of Power!! (Smoother feel)

I'll see how it goes now, I will probably feel better though if the Boost was more like 3250rpm.

Anyone know what Multipliers are?

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

Yes I'm feeling a lot better Thanks.

I've got your shirt.

Are you going to the next meet?

I know what you mean re the lag, my car was the same before PPP now it's similar to yours although boost kicks in @ about 3000 rpm.

Let us know how you go on.

Bob