Servicing and Repairs on the IoM

Just a quick question for all you Manxies, I spose mainly the classic shape drivers as the newer models would still be under warrenty.

Where do you all get your servicing done or do you do it yourselves?

My next door neighbour works for South Coast and they charge £45 an hour for labour [:D]

I have a certain amount of savy but am no mechanic but between the two of us we could do everything the car will ever need in my garage but obviously there is no one to blame if it is done wrong other than myself.

Thanks for your time

• 6 months later...

for's & against's for all places i guess.

my own personal take would be with South Coast, Paul has always looked after me ok but with all garages sometimes customers are not happy and have there own opinions.

Barry certainley has done him self no favours by completly blanking SIDC here on the island and at £80+ an hour and possible doubts about the "factory" trained spanner man this would seem to be the choice for "Warranty work" and in any case he will not work on imports!!!!

i have never had any dealings with formula fast fit but again my Personal choice would be with Paul at South Coast, just go and have a look round his workshop first (am sure he will not mind) and just see the sort of kit he is working on.

he also sorted one of the visiting Scoobyfest guys (Charlie, unnanounced,just turned up and asked for help) out over the weekend when he broke down

Ta Ta

Richard

We now go to Steve Brew in hills meadow, he is Scooby trained and was working for BC in Ramsey befors going it alone. He also has very reasonable labour charges and is sound if you want any advice or last minute problems that need attending to.

Nix[:(]

• 2 weeks later...