Insurance Quote

Got my renewal from Tesco today and was quoted £1044. After informing them the Car is now Garaged and that I qualify for the Multi vehicle discount (My Wifes car is insured with Tesco) I managed to get the insurance down to £915.

5 Years NCB and I'm 31.

Then the most unbelievable thing happened, I asked out of interest how much it would be for my Wife to be added and insured who is 28 with 5 Years NCB.

They said it would be £837 to which I replied on top of my quote???

They said no it is reduced to that as we offer a discount if you insure your spouse too!

So i've reduced it from £1044 to just £837.

Keith Micheals on SIDC quoted me £946.

Very pleased with the Tesco Quote.

Cheers

Lee

A Plan beat any quote by  ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££'s

is that with mods declared Nige?

The only person close to mine was Keith Micheals but when it came down to mods no one other than them even got close.

The only bad mod which they dont like is Struts....etc

Guest leebo77

A Plan beat any quote by  ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££'s

is that with mods declared Nige?

The only person close to mine was Keith Micheals but when it came down to mods no one other than them even got close.

The only bad mod which they dont like is Struts....etc

Steve - sorry if it's a numpty question but why don't they like struts? Cheers. Lee

Guest leebo77

As the suspension posts are effectivly bolted together so in an impact the shock is passed direct to the other side and doubling the damage and twisting the chassis

Aaaahh, I see.  Cheers for explanation, makes sense I suppose. [Y]

A Plan gave me a quote which beat Tesco's £837. They quoted my £795 and that is with Protected NCB which Tesco doesn't have.

The only problem I have is when you pay monthly as I do, the interest makes the A Plan payments slightly higher than compared to Tesco pay monthly, so I'm sticking with Tesco. Also they didn't include Jenni which Tesco did. Always worth a try.