***CAR THEFT***

Everyone - make sure you keep on top of your car and home security. We were burgled yesterday evening. CID reckon they were after the Scoob keys as they left things like digi camera, mobile phones and laptop. Fortunately I had the car keys with me, so we still have the car. We left the house at 5:45pm, and neighbours heard the dog (my staffie) kicking up stink so they called the police... this was at 6pm. CID are pretty sure I've been followed as we'd only been out of the house 15 mins... so keep your eyes peeled. I'm in Rainhill and I know there are other CADS local to me in St Helens and Warrington (I was out in the Scoob in Warrington yesterday afternoon).

We were lucky - the dog was unhurt, and all it seems that was taken was cash (~£80) and the keys for Emma's T-plate 1.6 Honda Civic. The Civic was parked outside the house and not touched. That's staying elsewhere until we can get the locks changed on it just in case.

Dave.

Bad news mate [:P]

Just glad you the wife and the dog are ok.

When we are at work we never turn the alarm on because of the dog, but from now on I will make sure it is.

You want to look of having cctv fitted we have it and its great.Also we have a system fitted that if you walk any around the house it bleeps inside and always wakes up the dog[:D],I know that it would not helped in this situation but great of a night time when you are in bed it will just let you know if there is anyone hanging around.

Its sad that we have to do this but thats the way it is nowadays[:D]

Gutted mate. Least they didn't get too much. Scum.

CCTV way forward. Had a mate who had a couple of show cars at his house. Heard something one night looked out the window and saw a bloke stood on a flower pot looking over his fence. Told him to **** off and called the police. Turned up, showed them cctv footage (camera was just above bedroom window so got a decent mug shot) and the bloke was known to them. Old sierra he had was nicked, (recovered at his house) along with video's. stereo gear, tv's etc.

My sister had here Audi TT nicked in Wrexham last Sunday. One of 5 quality cars to go on that night from Wrexham. CID reckon it's a gang from Merseyside. They didnt take the keys just dragged it onto a low loader in the middle of the night. They own a pub in the middle of town so it's always quite noisy. They must have been watching the place because Sunday night is the only night that they could of taken it as there is an other vehicle always parked behind it. As she works in an accountants on Mondays her boyfriends car is parked else where to let here out for work without doing musical cars. They are utter scum is all I can saw. My scoob was parked ther Fri and Sat night aswell!!!!

Cheers guys. CID think they have a good idea who it is. Mine wasn't the only car targetted last night - at least 3 more around Rainhill apparently (not all Scoobs, but all targetted in the same way). Forensics couldn't get any prints as the thieves were wearing gloves (no surprises there).

On a brighter note, I've submitted my final college assignment, so I'll be able to get to some meets and catch up properly!

Dave.

Glad they didnt get it m8. keep it safe and buy a rotweiler and leave it in the back

They'd have fun getting my car! No turbo on it at the mo! and all the ignition is disconnected so the fuel pump.

I had a spending spree today [:D]

He who was selling his car???????

Doesnt mean I can't keep spending, Im borderline now. Might keep it and tell the missus to shove it [H]

Glad they didnt get it m8. keep it safe and buy a rotweiler and leave it in the back

They'd have fun getting my car! No turbo on it at the mo! and all the ignition is disconnected so the fuel pump.

I had a spending spree today [:D]

Doesnt mean I can't keep spending, Im borderline now. Might keep it and tell the missus to shove it [H]

Good choice [y]

• 2 weeks later...

I had a spending spree today [;)]

Good choice [y]

yeah tell her to shove it Criss

[:)]