OT....moved house, new tel number, can't get e-mails!

I can't be certain as I've not been through this for quite some time, but I seem to recall that Freeserve (or whatever they call themselves these days) used to require you to register your phone number with them. They then used caller ID when you connected to determine whether or not you were able to use email. Things may not be the same now, but if you've not changed ISP, but have a different phone number then that looks the most likely cause. You used to be able to (and this is going back a few years) change your registered phone number online via your control panel.

I could be completely wrong here as the changes from Freeswerve to Wanadoo to Orange may have changed things dramatically, but that's how I recall it used to be.

yes that would seem to be the logical answer i'd say, i have a feeling it had to be something with the phone number, i rang orange about 30 times trying to sort out connection, so they know what the new number is but maybe not take there own initiative to register it!

i'll have a look via the control panel before i phone them yet again!, cheers mate much appreciated[:)]