Goodyear eagle F1's or Toyo T1-R

Goodyears went on this morning (Thanks Vicki!).

Felt ok so far. My car was loaded up with 2 wheels int he back seats so haven't had a chance to give it some real stick with them as yet.

But I will soon.

Stephen,

Did you fit the extra load ones or normal ones?

I maybe go the few quid extra for the XL goodyears, but not sure if it will make any difference[8-)]

Been running Toyo T1-R for the last 4 months and been really disappointed in them. Good in the wet, but felt too soft in the dry - maybe something to do with the hot summer recently, but maybe not.

Previous F1's I had were better in both wet and dry conditions, and given the prices are similar I wouldn't use Toyo's again.

I've recently driven a STi with Michelin Pilot Sport 2's and without a doubt these are very good, better than the F1's, but they are a good bit more expensive too, I'll still be trying them next though.

David

lol, you know more than me Vicki!

I must say Peter and his crew took excellent care of the car. He was concerned about the mudflaps and the splitter and where another garage would (and indeed have) just crammed it on the stand anyway, they didn't risk it and used the good old fashioned trolley jacks instead which takes a wee bit longer. 10 out of 10!

I've been running Eagle F1s for the past 13,000 miles and am more than happy with them. Nomally when you hit heavy water - as happens on my regular route on the M9 due to crap motorway design - you get a bit of resistance. Not been the case with the F1s. They just sail through anything I've had thrown at me. The Bridgestone Potenzas I had on previously, although they lasted longer, were crap in serious wet conditions.

Jim Dickson in Cumbernauld was the guy for me after recommendations on here. I'll be going back to him as he does a seriously good deal and a good job - beat Black Circles by a fair amount.

• 6 months later...