Hello - and a question about backboxes

Just a quick note to say hello to everyone and aska question.

I know there are posts on this forum relating to both these back boxes, I just wondered if anyone has replaced a WRSport backbox with a Scoobyworld Afterburner Vortex backbox. If anyone has any knowledge about differences in sound or even performance gains to be had I'd love to hear their opinion.

Cheers, Martin

Firstly welcome to CADS and SIDC, come along to Tatton in August and hear the selection of exhausts weve all got fitted, i dont think anyone has the same

Performance is better, but the sound is hugely louder, i believe if you go to www.scoobyworld.co.uk they have an audio clip of the vortex, barring the nurspec this is the loudest ive heard.

Wicked exhaust though and good choice if you go for it.

Would that be a backbox that comes from the Prodrive Performance Pack, or one that you can buy separate?

one will will have Prodrive on and is round and the other Has WRSport on and is usually oval, or they were.[:D]

just changing the backbox will not give any significant increase in performance...a better sound maybe.

P.S.

you dont say what scoob you have.

and changing the centre section gives a good result. but not as much as changing the Downpipe.

Thanks for the replies. I'll try and come along to the Tatton do in August, I'm sure it won't be too be hard to talk scooby owners into demo'ing their exhausts [:P]

The car is an 02 WRX STi Type-UK, totally standard. The backbox is oval and has WRSport engraved on it, it was on the car when I bought it from the dealer, so I guess that makes it the one you can buy separate from the PPP.

Hi mate, Nantwich thats right by me.

I live is Crewe.

Have i seen you driving around, mine the WRC look-a-like STI8 with dayglo stickers on and wrc rear wing.?

I had the Vortex as my first mod and loved it, no gain in performce but sounds wicked.

Yes, I think so. I waved at someone in a fully stickered-up new age impreza on Saturday at the cross roads of Rope Lane and Nantich Road. Your car looked sweet by the way! Mine's the STI Type UK that always needs washing and has a baby seat in the back (ruins the WRC image I know).

I'll keep an eye out for you both - I should be able to spot your cars [:(], and ScoobyBird when I'm over in Stoke...

And I'll keep you all posted if I go for the backbox - I'll probably have to sell my other car first though [:D]