I've been given some of my Birthday presents early!!!!!

Andy

Give Dave Featherstone a ring at Tweeks, his direct No. is - 01978663042.

Tweeks are doing an ongoing discount on all Whiteline stuff of 15% (started on Scoobynet) it's been going for around 18 months now! So just give them a ring mention Scoobynet when your ordering. Also if you want anything else thats non whiteline order it whilst ordering your whiteline stuff as he has been giving discounts on other items that are purchased at the same time (not sure if this is everything, but all the stuff I have ordered has had discount to)!

Personally I would save the money and go for the steel ones, I think the alloy ones are just more bling, you cant really see tham anyway. I have the steel ones front and rear on my classic and they are an improvement over the plastic and rubber std ones. I also went and got a 22mm adjustable rear arb for mine today - £88.01 inc VAT[:o] set it on the middle hole and its a big improvement - much flatter ride[:D]

Cheers Ayde, I will give him a ring. The concern I had with the steel ones is that because they are bent into shape they may have a tendancy to open out under cyclic loading conditions which would result in the bush becoming loose.

Andy

It is really heavy gauge galvanised steel wire, much heavier duty than the std plasic and rubber items. I have had mine on for around 18 months and checking them over today when I was doing the arb they are fine (done about 20k miles). They have had plenty of hard use round the twisties too![:o]

I would add that aluminium can be affected by salt etc and I suspect can more "brittle" than steel.

Aluminium can be effected by salt but so can steel, the alloy ones are coated, if salt was a concern you wouldn't want to use stainless components (exhausts)as chlorides cause SCC ( Stress Corrosion Cracking) in stainless. The design of the alloy ones seems more robust and support the bush better. Having said that if Ayde had them on for 20k I might go for them.

Andy