Would you buy a new euro import?

Hi Guys,

I'm treating myself an 06 STi.and have been shopping around a little for the best deal. I have never really concidered an import before, and have always dealt with Noble's for the last 6 years.

My question is, Litchfields are selling Euro imports 4k cheaper than my local dealers. The spec is exactly the same as UK models, 3 year Manufacturer Warranty, Tracker etc.. Would you buy one?

Are there any known problems with Euro imports? Is there a big difference in re-sale value when I come to get rid of /trade in the future?

Any help is appreciated!

Neil.

I did Niel and had no probs what so ever there is lightly diff servicing but no big hassel. The diffs are no lockin wheels nuts (not much to buy) no cat 1 alarm(250) for one, thats bout it i think. Look at www.allbrandsnew.co.uk  i bought from them very good and helpful they even fitted a toad cat1 alarm for FOC. Pm me if you want to know anything bout them i got a train down to hull then drove home easy way to get closer to your first 1000miles its bout 340 miles home from hull and easy going drive too done it on 3/4 of a tank of optimax. Greig

Thanks for the info guys!

I did Niel and had no probs what so ever there is lightly diff servicing but no big hassel. The diffs are no lockin wheels nuts (not much to buy) no cat 1 alarm(250) for one, thats bout it i think. Look at www.allbrandsnew.co.uk  i bought from them very good and helpful they even fitted a toad cat1 alarm for FOC. Pm me if you want to know anything bout them i got a train down to hull then drove home easy way to get closer to your first 1000miles its bout 340 miles home from hull and easy going drive too done it on 3/4 of a tank of optimax. Greig

No Locking Wheel nuts Grieg? bummer [:'(] seems to have Cat1 Alarm now, which is good!

Here's the spec from litchfields site,

The new STI gets the 276bhp engine with improved low down

response and cleaner emissions. The chassis, a new improved Driver

Controlled Centre Differential (DCCD) and Bridgestone RE070 225/17

tyres.

Price Includes:

• Metallic Paint
  • 3 year Subaru Factory Warranty
  • Thatcham Approved Category 1 alarm system
  • RAC Trackstar+ GPS Security with built in Safe Speed camera detection which can be activated on subscription
  • 12 Month road fund license
  • PDI Inspection and number plates.

(Available with wide side airbag front seats or more bucketed non-airbag seats at no cost.)

Just hope I get a fairly decent trade price for mine, just waiting to hear from them on that.

Could definately be worth the jaunt down south [:D]

The cat 1 is not standard on them, so litchfield probably fit them when they get them, as well as the Trackstar.

Someone like motorpoint will add it on as an extra from the quoted price. You'd have to be nuts not to get them fitted!

thanks Stephen, not impressed with motorpoint tbh, called them when I was looking around for my current wrx and the guy on the phone was a complete tool, very arogant, that was 2 and a half years ago I suppose. Back then they only did a 1 year warranty then, is this still the case?

It's 3 year now as it's the pan-european one. There was some issues with it last year but it's all cleared up now.

Their sales people are a bit hit and miss. Bit like most garages really. The guy I dealt with was really good. Forget his name now though. A previous one tried to sugar coat everything to push for a sale but this one just told it like it was and didn't pressure for a sale.

I didn't have any trouble and a mate went to them for his WRX and was also fine. I'd certainly go to them again without hesitation.