Intercooler Fitting

Well,

After much drama, the front mount is fitted and running **,

Big thanks to Arron (the Grinder) Guru and J_K, (the fastest Jubilee clip man in the business), who helped to fit the intercooler and pipes on Saturday.

Also to Granby for spending all day Monday listening to my bizarre solutions to cutting the bumper, and for trusting his fingers within 2 foot of me and a blade. [:D]

Extra special thanks to Arron for finding a way to remove the broken off breather thread from my inlet. For over 24hours it looked as if I was going to have to remove the inlet manifold and drill it out before 'mr improvisation' came to the rescue. Very much obliged for that one.

Also nice to see Loony Toon, Pele and Monty, who turned up to give some moral support. [:P]

** I said it is in and running, unfortunately having a car mapped to the limits means that it is running very lean at the moment and so I will actually be removing the top end of the pipes (again) and refitting the Top Mount temporarily until I can can get it remaped. Such is life!

Pictures to follow:

A very happy HOL [:D]

I was fine with you and a blade Andy, i was also OK when you got out the hacksaw blades & the blow torch [:(] it was just when Montythegod started talking about him blowing peoples dump valves [:D] that really had me worried

The harder they suck the louder they dump !!!

I said it is in and running, unfortunately having a car mapped to the limits means that it is running very lean at the moment and so I will actually be removing the top end of the pipes (again) and refitting the Top Mount temporarily until I can can get it remaped. Such is life!

Pictures to follow:

A very happy HOL [;)]

Andy can you not adjust the map at all to make it a bit safer to run rather than have to put the top mount back on

Also will it be mapped before the rolling road day at WRC on the 8th July

It may well miss the 7th July, with the FMIC at the moment.

Changing back to the TMIC is not really that big a deal. It only inolved removing the top half and replacing the IC original brackets.

The map does not seem to like the change one bit, and is hesitant immediately you hit boost. Admittedly, I have not driven it more than 3 mins, but until I get more time, I did not want to.

Unfortunately. some of the pictures from inside the garage are pretty pants. These ones just about survived.

Before we start:

DSC00829.jpg

Arron (Guru) and power tools = Danger!

DSC00834.jpg

Its  a BIG blighter:

DSC00835.jpg

A little bit of Body work modification.

DSC00837.jpg

The finished article:

DSC00882.jpg

DSC00878.jpg

APS. Specifically made and shaped for the Scooby.

Dont get me wrong, there is some body work to remove, but all you actually see is the cooling part and not the end tanks, like some other front mounts,