The Legend vs Golf Diesel. The outcome..

The duel finally took place this evening up Harrogate bypass and the outcome..........................................................................

A very close call at the top of the hill. Gerry knew this was gonna be a close call but not that close, The diesel was one car length behind the Legend after a straight one mile gradient climb.

What have all you Scooby boys got to say now..face-icon-small-happy.gif

<< That car is Uk WRX with 215bhp ? >>

Wrong!!! That car is 290bhp chrisp..

Still not bad for a tractor though mate..face-icon-small-wink.gif

Scoobysport WRX Jan 01.

Full scoobysport exhaust including up pipe

Ecutek remap to 290bhp

KAD 6 pot brakes with Pagid pads and Goodridge lines

Leda fully adjustable suspension

Tecnomagesio 18" Detroit F1 wheels with good SO3 tyres.

Cobra racing bucket seats

ABS front lip spoiler

Carbon fibre rear spoiler

Morette headlights with HID conversion

Hella HID driving lights

Lamco boost gauge

Knocklink

Well folks it was a close call alright, i was caught napping at the roundabout at the start of the duel but that Golf goes like ..it off a stick!!

I reeled him in slowly but surely but i am convinced that if my scooby was a std 215 BHP he would of beaten me to the top of the hill!!

As for the standing start, well............there's a duel for another day!!!!

Pleased as punch with my WRX and hope to meet all you guys at the various meets.

Gez.

p.s.

Looks sexy when washed!!!

Go to Santa Pod.. Find a windy road..

FFS I know how good the Scooby's are "Very good in-fact excellent"... but can nobody take it in that there are other cars on the road that raise your eyebrows sometimes when you test its performance.

Scooby Plus-side..

No1.... The Scooby is built with the rally background behind it.

No2.... 99% of British motorists "I suspect" would love to have one if only for the grin factor alone.

Scooby Down-side..

No1.... Economy is terrible when driven at pace. There has already been a thread regarding this topic.

No2.... Running costs are a high premium "ie Tyres, Insurance, Service costs.

Golf Plus-side..

No1.... 50mpg plus choose how its driven.

No2.... Cheaper road tax regarding emissions. £115 Per Annum..

Golf Down-side

No1.... Boy racer image, Thats terrible and I know it.

No2.... Only 2 wheel drive which honestly doesn't bother me. And it definitely won't live with the Scooby on handling. I never said it would.

Don't get me wrong I am not here to condemn the Subaru, They are a terrific car, It did everything it was asked to do performance wise.

I was more shocked that my diesel car with its superchips upgrade to the ECU was in-fact even in the same county when tested side by side with this very nice car Gerry has bought.

It wasn't a casual stroll up a gradient, We were howling tyres exiting the roundabout and almost hitting 120mph by the crest of the hill.

Disclaimer.. This is not common practice and shouldn't be done, It was a one off to test the cars side by side.. face-icon-small-blush.gif....

Not getting at you we have one on the drive in fact, not a diesel but a GTI the turbo one.Iam quite aware you would hammer this as well due to the torque figures.The Golf is a bloody good car,we go to Devon frequently to see family and there is no way i would go that far in the scoob.Why would i want to, leather Recaros air con its lovely,but at the end of the day they are in diferent leagues.They are both exciting but the scoob gets my voteface-icon-small-smile.gif

The 215bhp remark was a question not a statement face-icon-small-happy.gif

I realised it was UK WRX and a not STI hence the question face-icon-small-wink.gif. Should have guessed it wasnt as noone just does the cosmetics these days face-icon-small-happy.gif.

Very impressive you keeping up though.

On a similar theme being a member of the Focus owners club as well I have been challenged by a few of the Focus owners at SPOD this year, nope not in the zetec then want scoob scalps especially a TypeRA. They are wheeling out a few tweaked motors. One guy has a 310 FWD Focus and quite a few 280bhp NOS driven beasties.

Starting to get nervous now as I havent run 1/4 miles before only the odd traffic GP when I was younger but low powered stuff. I dont pull off quickly as I am getting old and 2 gear changes by 60 tests the reflexes face-icon-small-happy.gif. Bit worried I may hit the speed limiter on the strip as well so may have to back it off. Could always get it removed face-icon-small-wink.gif.